cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while loading shared libraries libnnz10.so with brconnect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am experiencing some problems within an installation, brconnect seems to be looking for oracle 10 libraries? while my oracle is a 9.2 !

these are the logs:

ERROR CJS-00288 Could not update database statistics.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Command brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPXID returned 127.<br>SOLUTION: See brconnect.log for details.

brconnect.log:

Execution of the command "/sapmnt/XIE/exe/brconnect -u / -c -f crsyn -o SAPXID" finished with return code 127. Output:

/sapmnt/XIE/exe/brconnect: error while loading shared libraries: libnnz10.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yes, that's true, libnnz10.so does not exist, it happened something similar with the library libclntsh.so.10.1, I only have a libclntsh.so, with a softlink from libclntsh.so.9.

maybe the brtools imagine I have an oracle 10?

I specified a 9.2 Oracle during the installation!

Many thanks, Mario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> I am experiencing some problems within an installation, brconnect seems to be looking for oracle 10 libraries? while my oracle is a 9.2 !

> [...]

> I specified a 9.2 Oracle during the installation!

Installation of what?

Clearly the BRTOOLS are version 700, so, even when you specified that Oracle 9i was to be installed the BRTOOLS delivered are the mentioned version and you

• must install the oracle 10g instant client or

• replace the version 700 by version 640

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check the note

Note 972136 - BR*Tools start error: Library libnnz10 not found

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

unfortunately you don't tell us which BR*Tools version you are using.

But with this error i guess you are using BR*Tools 7.00?

In this case this is normal and you need the oracle 10g instant client. This is described in sapnote #849483

Using BR*Tools 7.00 with Oracle 9.2

-

BR*Tools 7.00 is used with Oracle 10g by default. This is also a prerequisite for most of the new features, such as those described above. However, you can also use the tools with Oracle 9.2 in order to use the new database-independent features from patch 7 or 8. To do this, you must first install Oracle Instant Client 10g on the database server.

Regards

Stefan