cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO - cross client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a situation where I need data to be processed EOIO. The problem is that i only whant to process one message a time pr. client (I have multiple business systems (clients) on the same system). How can i achieve this?

My scenatio is file -> XI -> R/3 (with multiple clients).

Kind regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI martin,

I did not get your requirement clear yet - is it like the following:

you are sending documents with EOIO to the integration server, and these messages are processed in that sequence. Now the targets of the messages are different clients, so while one client is still processing one (async) message, the next message can already been delivered to a second client, i.e. parallel processing on the R/3 in different clients, and that is what you want to avoid?

Rgds, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris

Yes - this is exactly what I what to avoid.

Kind regards

Martin

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

well, I think this is a difficult requirement, since EOIO has a sequence of sending messages, but the status of processing of the messages in the target system is not transparent to XI (to the integration engine), and you do not have a defined sequence of processing messages. First guess would be BPM modelling, but maybe you can specify

a) the reason for the requirement to check for other solutions (e.g. avoid load on the R/3 due to several work processes processing messages?)

b) the channel used to connect to R/3: IDoc, RFC? Or Proxy (-> not possible for R/3, but for ECC / ERP)

Rgds, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Boris

a) The reason is that the message is processed in multiple threads - if to many messages is processed at the same time I will (I have tested it) run into problems due to lack of resources (processes). The current solution takes up 75% of the free process.

b) The channel is proxy towards R/3

I am currently not allowed to use BPM

Kind regards

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

problem understood now, but no solution at hand, even after discussion with colleagues - sorry.

I do not see a way to make integration engine to wait until processing of a message in ABAP is done, neither a way to limit http access via proxy to backend to reduce load. Switching to sync mode would make integration engine to wait for a response, but that way you'd loose garanteed delivery...

Regards, Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you want to send one file to every client or do you have many different files and every file should get send to exactly one client?

In second case you could increase the poll interval in the first case guess you will need BPM.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you need to maintain a condition ..

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chandra

Thank you - but where do I do this?