cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Planned order into Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have been trying to convert Planned order from APO into a production order by setting (checking) the conversion indicator in APO.

However after doing this I am not able to see the Prod . Order in R/3 and the category of the planned order still remains the same in APO without being changed into Prod Order. I have checked the integaration model and the Sales orders, PIR's, Planned orders are checked in the model and the model is active. I have tried to re activate the model, but neither the Prod order appeared in R3 nor the category of the planned order got chnaged in APO.

Any ideas or suggestions on any configuration settings that I need to make to run this properly ?Is the number range mandatory in R3 for conversion from APO to R3 and then back to APO ? Please advice!

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like a master data issue in the connected R3 system. expand the sysfail msg. copy the TID and paste it it ext. ID field of SLG1 and excute to see the detialed error message. usually the error mesages in smq are truncated and entire error is not displayed.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i get this error message over the CFG1.

I don't understand why we get no product version in the production order.

Can it be a that someone change something in R/3 at the product version and than immediately someone change something in APO?

-

No production version has been entered in ECC order 000100521807

Message no. X4221

Diagnosis

In the ECC production order 000100521807 (material 000000000000044821, plant 1060), no production version has been entered, although the corresponding order in SAP APO has a reference to a PPM.

System Response

The master data in the ECC order is read with the production version transferred from SAP APO, before the order is processed further.

Procedure for System Administration

For the integration of production orders with SAP APO and the use of PPMs for the orders in SAP APO, a production version must be entered in the ECC order.

The production version is automatically entered in the production order when a production order is created in SAP ECC, if the indicator for selecting alternative BOMs is set in the material master to Selection by production version or Selection only by production version.

Procedure for System Administration

Production version transferred from SAP APO: V106

-

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether IM is active for Production order or not

This may help

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay, I had checked the IM and the model was active for the production order.this couldnt resolve the problem.

DB49, I had used /SAPAPO/RRP7 and then converted the required orders using the indicator. However what I had noticed is theres an outbound queue in APO thats getting blocked. It has a status of SYSFAIL and the msg reads "Master data cannot be read in order xxxxx". I haven't changed the master data in APO and am not sure why this error is being thrown.

could you guys throw some light on this issue and enlighten me ?:)

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Lotsa ways to approach troubleshooting this type of problem.

Sounds to me like the 'master data' problem may be in ERP, not SCM.

Check the blocked queue. Find the 'first' record in the chain, review in detail. Find out the Product/Location (Material/Plant).

Check in ERP for this part:

Routing

BOM

Production Version

especially validity dates of all three.

If you need to change any master data, re-cif to SCM. If these master data get into SCM, probably wouldn't hurt to delete and re-create the original planned order.

Check all queues inbound/outbound in both systems.

BR,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same problem in our system. But the Routing, BOM and Productversion are OK.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is in ERP. Look msgs in SLG1 in ERP for more details - err number etc.

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also want to check th workcenter and resources used in R/3 and APO respectively.

You may also want to check CFG1 transaction in R/3 to check if transfer of changes in Planned order encounters no error.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Try Transaction /SAPAPO/RRP7.

Best Regards,

DB49