cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle flat file with variable delimiters in the file sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have some flat files in the ftp server and hope to poll them into XI, but before processing in XI, I hope to do some content conversion in the file sender adapter, according to the general solution, I just need to specify the field names, field seperator, end seperator, etc. But the questions is:

The fileds in the test data may have different amount of delimiters (,), for example:

ORD01,,,Z4XS,6100001746,,,,,2,1

OBJ01,,,,,,,,,,4,3

Some fileds only have 1 ',' as the delimiter, but some of them have multiple ','.

How can I handle it in the content conversion?

Regards,

Bean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bing,

Plz do refer the following blogs u will get an idea:

File content conversion Blogs

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Vinod.

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have other simple way to achieve that?

Thanks and regards,

Bing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bing,

I understood your problem, the simple way would be to avoid any module development, take the whole data in single field and then in mapping with the help of Adavanced UDFs you can devide it in various fields on receiver side.

That will be more easy way.

Thanks

Swarup

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Module development will not be that much difficult ,just you have to add module in your communication channel and based on your requirements you select the parameters.And use your adapter module before callSAPAdapter module.

Or if you comfortable with java,go for udfs.

regards,

ujjwal kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my understanding, I need to develop and upload the module to the integration server if I can't reuse the modules provided by XI, , but I can't do that now as I need to co-operate with the Basis team, it's not convinience enough for me.

Regards,

Bean

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes creating a new module will be a tedious process. You better go for Udf.

regards.