cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to XI Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am looking to configure an RFC to XML scenario via XI, wherein I use the function module: BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to send data from R/3 to XI.

I understand I have to create an RFC Destination (SM59) with type - TCP/IP in SM59. However, where do I indicate that the function module to be used is BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2?

I'm told that the "registered server program" should merely correspond to the Program ID in the "RFC sender comm. channel" in the Integration Directory.

How can I trigger BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to send data once I create a Sales Order in R/3?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

PS. I have loaded the RFC into the Integration Repository message mapping and configured the necessary routing rules in the Integration Directory.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Bcoz BAPI are RFC enabled and can be triggered from VB/JAVA or any other third party S/W.

They can call from their application which will invoke the BAPI in SAP and get the req done.

For this u have to create BAPI then create a business object in SWO1 and give them

Aslo tell them how to use the BAPI reg the parameters u have used in ur BAPI as they dont know anything reg SAP.

PROCEDURE:

GOTO SWO1

then click on create button

then give the object name

then genarate the object

then GOTO SE37 and release the FM

then release the object in SWO1

then UTILITIES->ADD API methods->add

then genearate the object once agin.

after that u can see it in BAPI Tcode

go through these links

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itshowcase/content/biztalkaipi.mspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/BTS_2004WP/html/d22ea1bc-de7a-440e-...

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I'm using a standard BAPI for my scenario, so I don't think I'll be needing to recreate the BAPI. Thanks anyway.

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While triggering the BAPI from Se37, we need to specify the RFC Destination to send the data to XI.

Here we have to specify the RFC Dest which we created with Program ID.

The same Program ID we will give in the Communication chanel of XI.

So Once the BAPI is triggered, that will go to that corresponding Program ID's channel which is there in XI.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Do I always need to trigger the BAPI from SE37? Can't I trigger it automatically everytime I create a Sales Order?

I really appreciate all your replies!

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use the t.code se3 7 and execute it.

*Configuring the Sender RFC Adapter - step by step *

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Troubleshooting - RFC and SOAP scenarios *** Updated on 08/01/2008

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

XI : RFCAdapter ReConnect Issue

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

Send RFC to SAP XI u2013 Asynchronous

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

regards

chandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The problem is, I don't want to have to go to SE37 to execute the function module. I want this function module to be executed everytime I create a Sales Order using transaction VA01. Is this possible?

Generally speaking, how do I trigger a standard RFC from R/3 automatically to XI?

Warm regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through the blogs; however, I don't find any portion on how to relate the function module you want to execute to the RFC destination.

Warm regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of Idoc---XI scenarios we will use Change Pointers to automatically trigger the Idocs to XI, and we will activate the Change pointers for specific message types those wants to send to XI.

In this BAPI case also we have some sort of standard programs for this.

I forgot those, once i got it, i will respond to u

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Yup, I'm aware of the Change pointers for IDOCs. Please describe the procedure for outbound BAPIs if you can. thanks!:)

In the meantime, I'll welcome any other feedback regarding this.

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

I think you can call the BAPI in R3 side by some Customer-Exit, Business Transaction Event or you can schedule a job that will call the BAPI for all the Sales Order that are created.

I am not sure, but I think you can use Business Transaction Event 00501002 ( Sales document - update document number). To check how to use the Transaction Event got through the link http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/BTE/Demo1.htm.

Thanks,

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Punit!

I'll look into your suggestion.

Warm regards,

Glenn