cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a System Error Message (reflected in communication channel)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on release 3.0. I have found a System Error Message reflected in JDBC communication channel due to a data problem. I assume that this message is old and I can not find the message. It seems that I need the exact date and time when the message was created in order to find this message. I would like to find the payload to view the data and cancel the message.

Does anyone have any tips on how to find this sort of message?

Thanks,

Leanne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

and also

check the below thread for

How to find out where sap error messages stored in our system

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the standalone Logviewer to read the log files. Works great.

"If you have an SAP Web Application Server Java 6.20 or below you may also get a standalone_logviewer.zip file at the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/download u2192 SAP NetWeaver u2192 Release ‘04. In this case JDK version 1.3 or higher must be installed on the system. The java version must be same on the server and the client.

In the SAP Web AS Java 6.30 installation a folder named logviewer_standalone can be found under: <path Of J2EE installation>/<SysID>/JC<nr>/j2ee/admin/logviewer_standalone. Verify that the batch file logviewer.bat is installed in the directory logviewer-standalone.

"

(source -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e4/540c404a435509e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm)

procedure is ..

1.open Visual Administrator

2.click Log Configurator

3.Runtime->Destinations you can find out which destination is for defaultTrace.X.trx.

4.change the formatter from "com.sap.tc.logging.ListFormatter" to "com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter"

if change couldn't take effect,reboot j2ee.

regards

chandra