Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA to Portal Performance Slow

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Portal Screens display very slow performance, we are using RFC, HTTP calls in ECC and SRM different systems. Here we are having lot of performance problem while Retrive screens from ECC6 client to another SRm System when we go for save/change/display.

What is the procedure to know when the performance problem is araised at RFC/HTTP calls.

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Edited by: Prabhakar Dharmala on Jun 10, 2008 12:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are we talking about Web Dynpro ABAP applications here? I have to wonder since you said:

>

> Hi,

>

> Portal Screens display very slow performance, we are using RFC, HTTP calls in ECC and SRM different systems.

>

How are you applications built? Do you have Web Dynpro ABAP applications making RFC calls to other systems? Have you tried running the WDA applications outside the Portal - directly in the browser, maybe just by running them from SE80.

All the ABAP performance tools work in the Web Dynpro ABAP environment. You can turn on SQL Trace (Transaction ST05) or Runtime Trace:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/f7cc6bd1b3537ee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/f7cc6bd1b3537ee10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]

These tools will help you tell what parts of your application are consuming the time.

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do you have Web Dynpro ABAP applications making RFC calls to other systems?

Yes, I have

This is WDA application

I noticed in SE30 there are lot of performance issues in ABAP more than 80% red bar analysis.

One of the application DB is also 30% red.

How to improve ABAP and DB performance. Is there Doc.

Edited by: Prabhakar Dharmala on Jun 16, 2008 7:12 AM

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I gone through Note 822052 and

Note 1044444

Solved my problem

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Edited by: Prabhakar Dharmala on Jun 18, 2008 12:35 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of content are you refering to ? Is it WDA or WDJ or Transactional IViews ? Can you be more clear ?

Regards

Raja Sekhar