cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SAPMCC.dll during Snake installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to install SAPNetWeaver SNakePreview and during step 2 SAP System Installation an error occurred, and installation process is broken. In log have I an error message: Missing file 'C:\windows\system32\sapmmc.dll'. Copy the file manually. But this file exist in this directory!!! I thought that is possibly old version this dll and delete it. But next try bring the same result (the same error message and the same version library in directory).

Have some one any suggestions?

regards Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

you have to install the sapmmc.dll somehow.without this dll the sneak preview wont install.if you are deleting it from the registry for an re-installation then probably you have wipe out the entire registry.

hope it helps.

regards,

guru

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Try this...

• <b>Rename the old file</b> eg:as SAPMCC.DLL.OLD

• <b>Copy the New SAPMCC.dll file</b> to that place <b>manually.</b>

• <b>Restart</b> the system.

This problem you encountered could happen because the dll files are loaded to the memory by OS. so, this can't rewrite/delete the existing DLLs. but i have seen it permitting me to rename those files. after you copy the new DLL file and restart the system, this becomes active instead of the old one (which is what we require. Now go and delete the old file.

Regards

Ak

PS: Don't forget about the points if this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot for your answers. I have solve this problem (but a dont know exactly how - after next installation this problem did'n occured).

regards

bogdan