cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys can u please have a look at it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of our client currently use D-Comms as their communication between their custom web ordering solution and SAP.

They would like an idea of a direction they should take for their web solution. Ideas such as:

1) Using SAP R/3 internet sales

2) Using SAP CRM Internet sales

3) Keep existing web front end but change touch points to use XI (PI).

Can Anyone please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can follow option 3

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra can u please tell me why i have to choose that option, basically i hav no idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Standaard adapters predelivered

2)re-use of existing components (if custom devz are needed, it is sufficient to do it only once and then it can be used by all components in the landscape!)

3)another important point which SAP uses very often is that there is one single point of communication or a central HUB instead of a lot of point to point connections. This allows better monitoring etc.

Have a look at this document https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e2049090-0201-0010-3aa2-fe3... page 9. There you can see a typical picture on companies integration landscapes without xi and then with XI it should look lean and nice with XI in the middle and every system just having one connection to that XI system....

check the below blog:

for How SAP Technology Platform Supports Your SAP R/3, Legacy, and Third-Party Solutions

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/febce490-0201-0010-a2af-ddf2606e...

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much Chandra, but some how i can't access the first link.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

e

Former Member
0 Kudos

what would be involved to replacing D-comms with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is the business is related with Webservice kind of things and all means

go for SAP R/3 XI--Webservice( Use SOAP Adapter)

Check these

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 1)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Seshagiri. It's really hepful.