Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifications of webdynro native components

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am working on Adobe forms in webdynpro for abap I could use value help and dropdown list under webdynpro native components(in Library). Can any one explain me abt remaining components and how to use. This 'l be really helpful to me.

and one more thing which is the best approach to create webdynpro application either xacf or native?

Thanks in advance.

Phalani M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Native is the newer and better option. It doesn't require an ActiveX control - instead it does its communication via JavaScript - giving it better supportability. Also as we move forward all newer features will only be built for the native option. You should consider support for xACF as for backwards compatibility only and all new forms should be developed as Native.

The main supported UI elements from the native library are documented here:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/fb2fe500553ee4e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/fb2fe500553ee4e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Note that not all the UI elements present in the forms designer are supported by WDA. Some are WDJ only.

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnak you Thomas,

in the blog u sent, i couldn't find Web Dynpro form UI element Send can u tell me how to get this button.

Phalani M

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thnak you Thomas,

in the blog u sent, i couldn't find Web Dynpro form UI element Send can u tell me how to get this button.

Phalani M

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I 've used valuehelp and dropdown list in my adobe form and written

var field Name = "fieldname"; in the click event. If I use this code for 2 dropdown lists am not getting the popup for my second dropdown box. but if I use 2 value help its working for both. Can u tell me the reason.

Phalani M

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That wasn't a blog. That is the offical SAP documentation. Send is documented right at the beginning of the page. It is the first element listed. Here is what is says:

Send

With the Web Dynpro form UI element Send, the input data of a PDF form is sent to an SAP backend system. The Web Dynpro context bound to the InteractiveForm (property dataSource in the view designer) is updated with the input data. The event onSubmit of the Web Dynpro UI element InteractiveForm is also triggered.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

> I 've used valuehelp and dropdown list in my adobe form and written

> var field Name = "fieldname"; in the click event. If I use this code for 2 dropdown lists am not getting the popup for my second dropdown box. but if I use 2 value help its working for both. Can u tell me the reason.

>

> Phalani M

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you saying two value helps work fine but two DDLBs don't? If so, check the coding and setup on both DDLBs. I have seen forms with two or more DDLBs working just fine. If the problem persists, you should consider search for a note/opening an OSS note to report the problem as it may just be a bug.

Phalani2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Thomas, my question is am not able see the send UI element in the layout (Adobe), i could understand the usage.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I understand now, you don't see the Send UI element listed in the toolbox. I'm not sure what to say, other than it should appear in the Web Dynpro Native Library window. That is the most basic of the UI elements. In my installation it is there and toward the bottom of the left hand side of the toolbar window. If you don't have it, I would try patching the installation of the Adobe Lifecycle Designer. You can go up to version 8.0 of the designer.