cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Issue during SC rejection_Requestor is added to approval preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question on WF rejection preview. In case ,SC is rejected by Manager(approver), the requestor receives workitem for rejection and he can accept it (using "Accept changes" button).. However,before accepting this rejection, if i check my WF preview in java applet, (in requestor check status), it displays the item is rejected by manager and then its now sitting with the requestor itself as "awaiting approval since..."..

Is this standard behaviour for WF rejection? coz work item can't be with requestor logically..Where as if i accept the changes, then sc is updated with status "Release rejected" and now wf preview is displayed just with only manager rejection.

Just want to know , how can i control this behaviour of workitem is going to requestor after rejection by manager...

Also want to know the diff between 2 status "release rejected" and "rejected.." ..upon accepting changes, my sc status in 'reject released"..but when do i get 'reject" status. Where as if i search for sc based on "reject" status, i get all my "release reject" status sc's...

Appreciate any clues/inputs on this..

Thanks in advance.

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha , Martin,

Thanks for your inputs.

However, i have another issue.. I am not sure if its standard behaviour or not. When i accept the changes for rejected shopping cart, next time when i login as requestor and do "check status" , i am getting warning popup window saying that "delete sc number:xxxx".. This message appearing everytime i check my status, till i delete it. Even after deletion, if there is another sc which was rejected and accpeted changes, then it will show that sc with warning msg for deletion.

is this standard way when we accept changes for rejected carts? If Yes, its kind of unwanted.. Is there any fix for this?

So that i don't want to see this warning pop up?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is standard message which appears for all the SC's which are rejected once you execute the transaction"CHECK STATUS".

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for your reply. But our customer somehow didn't like this standard functionality. Is there any way that we can suppress this popup warning..i searched sap notes..didn't find any relevant one..

Thanks

Krish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, "Accept changes" should not appear for a fully rejected SC, it should appear for partially rejected ones. Is this true in your case?

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imthiaz,

In our WF, we are not doing any line item based approval ..either its approver in total or rejected in total.

Standard SAP displays "Accept changes" only in case of partial approval/rejection. Where as we applied sap note, to get this button in case of complete rejection.

Thanks

Krish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why would you need(or should there be) a "Accept changes" button for a totally rejected SC, it doesn't sounds good. Coming to your point, raise a question to SAP for your error message control.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imthiaz,

The reason for having "accept changes" button is , with out this, when manager rejects sc, requestor sees the sc status as "in your inbox"..Unless request accept changes, he wouldn't get his sc status into "release rejected".. In order to get this rejected status, we should accept the changes after its rejection by approver..

Thanks

Krish

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna for the clarification. But still, It's a bug. SAP should handle this one in a different manner.

Regards, IA

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The requestor is shown in the approval preview because basically this is a graphical view of all foreground steps in the workflow log, with the addition of showing future steps also.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I tested the scenario you described with the users on my system as :

requistioner : employee

Approver : manager

I can see the foll table view(not able to see graphic view) under Approval preview node,before the requester "Accepts changes" .

Step Description Status Approver In Process Since Processed on

1. Approval Rejected by MANAGER 10.06.2008 00:04:08

Added Approval Employee

After the requester accepts chnages,the status at the SC header is 'release rejected" while at the item level is "rejected".This is std behaviour.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.