cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German Charecters in incoming payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI Experts,

I am doing a file to idoc scenario and my incoming file has <b>german charecters/alphabets</b> in the field, i am using a simple message mapping to a idoc, but while posting in the idoc the german alphabets/charecters are getting replaced by #. is there anyway to<b> RETAIN</b> the german alphabets.I have checked the payload in my incoming message its not retained even in my payload.

Do i need some setting changes in my file adapter?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anirban.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

check in the sender adapter configuration, if the file type is set to 'text' and the file encoding to content type, that your file originally has.

If there are German characters, it might be 'ISO-8859-1'.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the answers were useful and Stefan's answer solved my problem completely, i can get the German and Hungarian Fields(For another similar interface) in my payload after content Conversion.

Thanks a Lot Guys.Points Awarded.

Regards,

Anirban.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just have a look on this thread

Regards

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

you can try by giving

field.fieldContentFormatting = nothing

I guess it might work.

Regards,

ShabZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

We tried the same in file content conversion but it does not work i guess, thanks for this one.

If i see my pay load in moni , there itself its getting replaced with #. Is there any special xml handling feature available for German Alpahbets in file adapter.

The field that is coming with German Chrecter is a name field so there is no way we can delivar it with a #, we want to retain the german alphabets.

Cheers,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

We are having no polling issues with contents, we want to retain the german fields after we map it, thats the issue.

Regards,

Anirban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry man

You just go on second page there is thread with name Problem with special character

Sorry one again

check this out

regards

Piyush

Message was edited by: Piyush Gangwal

Message was edited by: Piyush Gangwal