cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Send Billing Document - Issues Generating Body Text in Email

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have generated output type to email billing document as PDF to customer. I am using medium 5 for 'External Send' and have everything working well - the subject line is correctly showing the company name and invoice number, also the PDF is tagged correctly the same data. The issue I am having is trying to incorporate body text in the email itself. I found OSS note 753622, and it indicates this is not possible but the note is quite old. I have combed internet for solutions on this, and many suggestions seem to point to function module CONVERT_OTF_AND_MAIL but not clear to me that this can be overcome here. Would appreciate any insights if someone has experienced this requirement as well.

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on what I know about the billing output, I have to agree with the note. I don't think it is possible to send a PDF attachment and, on top of that, some message in the body text in standard output processing. This can be done in a custom ABAP program though. But in this case you'll have to decide whether it's worth pursuing, considering the development and maintenance efforts.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

The FM you mentioned CONVERT_OTF_AND_MAIL is only for converting the OTF format to the email format. It has no other role in displaying some texts in the email.

As already pointed out, it is not possible in standard SAP. You have to go for the custom code in the report program meant for the output type.

This is the widely accepted and used practice in output world.

Hope this helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneeth,

Any idea how to achieve this in custom code.

Regards,

Rajvansh