cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup ABAP and JAVA instance on one machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the possibilities about the implementation and integration between ABAP and JAVA instance. If I install the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version on Windows XP with given system requirement and then

Can I install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 JAVA Trial Version on the same machine ? I want to develop BI application and take advantage to JAVA portal for reporting analysis.

What steps would I have to take in consideration to implement this setup. Please help me for this setup.

thanks

Obaid.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps:

1. Install Java CI. Use the existing ABAP database.

2. You might have to change the Java client no. in config tool.

3. Configre Kerberos (using SAPNego Wizard)

4. Do the NWA configurations in SAP NetWeaver Administrator ( SSO between ABAP and Java).

Regards,

Ankur

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't see why not....

If you have enough resources it should be fine.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not completly sure about the trial version, but in standard you can install one ABAP instance and one JAVA instance.

The important thing is that you have enough hardware resources (memory, disk, swap-file) and that you are using different instance numbers for the ABAP (E g Instance 00) and the JAVA-stack (E g instace 10).

So if the Trial version do not let you change the instance number, you can not install the two systems on the same machine.