cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost not updated after manual price change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

we are using CJ20N to, following the tree WBS elements -> Network Activity -> material, change the price/currency in the Purch.Data tab.

after saving we place cursor in the Network Activity and in the menu Edit->Cost-Plan/Actual->Activity element, we see that the costs has been updated with the new price.

This is the normal behaviour with all the WBS.

But there is one WBS in which the costs are not updated. Following the same procedure, even in the Purch.Data tab we see that we have change the price, the cost, as we see it in the mentioned menu Edit->Cost-Plan/Actual->Activity element remains invariable.

What can be causing this?

Thank you very much,

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the 'Indicator for Relevancy to Costing'- CostRel in the purchasing data tab of the material is checked.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help Sreenivas.

Yes, the checkbox if selected in all the materials. Every new material is added to the activities with that checkbox. But for some reason every material added to any of the Activities in that one WBS preserves always the initial price. I mean, i might change the price in the Purch.Data tab, as said, and the price is saved in that tab after saving, but when checking the activity's costs the value shown is the initial price.

regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

In OPL1, click on your costing variant and further on valuation variant. You can find your costing variant on control tab of network.

Check control for material val. tab. I think it might be standard price. In this case costing will get updated only after change in standard price and subsequent assignment in Project. Costing of already assigned components wont get updated automatically. You will have to re-calculate costs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks again!

The valuation variant is at Activity Header level and the problem doesnt shows in all activities, only those hanging from one certain WBS element.

Anyway, the stategy shown in "Valuation Variants" is:

1. Valuation price with user exit

2. Price from purchaising info record

3. Moving average price

4. Planned price 1

Substrategy with purchasing info record :

1. PO price via condition table

2. Net quotation price

3. Net PO price

does this says something to you?

best regards,

Javier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check and verify the type of materials attached. Updation may not be happening when service material is attached.

Pl check and revert.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muraleedharan,

as said above, the same material is working fine in the same project under other WBS/Activity networks. So it shouldnt have something to do with that you are commenting, or?

thanks a lot,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try CJEN ( Reconstruct project info database)

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

you will understand that running a transaction named "reconstruct" is something to think about. why do you think that transaction would help with this case? what effects does it have?

Thanks,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer SAP Note:52963 and 710688.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit More on Jun 10, 2008 7:33 PM

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the network of this material.

In the control tab:

for the setting Plan cost calc maintian "Determine Plan cost"

hope that serves the purpose.

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Plan cost calc. was already set to "Determine Plan cost". Besides, this Control tab is in the Network header, so i understand that common for all network activities in the project. And as said above the problems just happens with materials in activities that hang from a single certain WBS. The other activities under other WBS in the same project are working fine and updating costs.

And the material i am using is the same as used in those other WBS/Activities that work fine.

For me, it has to be something with the WBS, but what??

Thanks for helping!

Javier