cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly once in order in adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a user case that requires using R/3>XI>adapter-->back end system. There is requirement for maintain the message in exactly the order comes in.

the issue is, when the adapter or back end system part has some kind of error, we can see in the run time workbench the messages will repeat trying for several times before turning to "system error". Seems to me during the re-send process by adapter engine, the order of the original message get easily be lost. and we do not want this.

Any input on how to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wgao, this link should help you out

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

Regards

Saravana

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you observation is very correct the way EO is handled by AFW. The are two ways to get around thsi problem

1. make the whole scenario EOIO

2. Prioritize the message before going to AF in EOIO mode.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/12/how-to-prioritize-messages-in-xi

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen , I fail to understand how message prioritization is going to ensure EOIO !!

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

during prioritzaion of messages you can force the message of a sender to a particular processing Queue. Hence when a message fails, the queue state goes to failure and furher processing of the mesages is stopped.

cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine,

Thanks,

I believe my current setting is exactly once. not exactly once in order. the sender side is R/3 IDoc, no sender channel or agreement, by default it is EO. seems to me I need a little work to find out how to make the IDoc behave as EOIO.

--Wenning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe starting at this link will be helpful: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/content.htm.

Best regards

Christine

PS: a nice way of saying thanks, is to give points for helpfull answers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

normally the quality of service for a message is set in the sender (refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b714fe5ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/content.htm). Did you check, if this is set correctly in the incoming message in XI? (in sxmb_moni, entry SOAP Header:ReliableMessaging has a tag <SAP:QualityOfService>) Only if this is really set to EOIO the receiver adapter will handle the message in one queue. What happens then, is that if the queue fails with one message, all later messages are blocked because the erroneous message blocks the complete queue.

best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of adapter do you use between XI and the backend system?