Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of Sales Order from Delivery

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Material Management (in Inventory Management) it is possible to create an auto PO at the time of GR (so when the goods from vendor come in WH workers can book them and based on existing master data a PO will be generated automatically).

My question is whether it is possible to do a similar thing in SD. +Can we create first delivery (w/o Sales Order) that would generate a Sales Order automatically ?+

(I know that it is possible to create Delivery w/o Sales Order, my question is not that)

I've found Cash Sales and Rush Sales in SAP help but they don't cover the exact need of customer.

Waiting for your help,

Csaba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you explained, it is possible to create a notification form a service order also in plant maintenance.

But it is not possible to auto generate a sales order from a delivery document in standard SAP.

Prase

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN the std version, it is possible to create a delivery automatically when you save the sales order bu not vice versa. But if that is required then perhaps some development may be required using copy control and coding. Please remember the number of fields in a sales order will be more than that of a delivery so we need to take that also in development.

regds

Jude Xavier

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant and Jude,

Thanks for your reply as well.

Of course the SO contains more and somehow different information than a delivery document but consider my example about GR and PO.

Via exact master data maintanance it would be possible I think - as it works in MM.

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing impossible in SAP. After all there is a code behind everything that we see in SAP screens and transactions and that code can be changed according to our requirement. That has always been m firm belief.

Like I said get hold of your ABAP programmer and write out the spec and he should be able to do it.

Its news for me that you can generate an automatic PO from a GR so if that is possible then why not this.

Its not been attempted before.

Try creating a new Sales doc type and map it to a delivery and see if it works. Much similar to a cash sale and rush order when both docs get generated immediately. Maybe you need to map your copy control criteria too in a way it can be done.Also maybe you need to create a new field called Immediae sales Order like we have an immediate delivery check box in a sales order so that an automatic sales order can be generated when you save a delivery.

Like I said it needs some coding.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai there,

Just a thought here. Once you have a Delivery, the thing that follows is a Billing doc and an accounting doc., so why do you need a Sales order?

Since even if you auto generate one, it will have only a Delivery given info and nothing else. So what will you do with that doc.? Where will you use it and for what?

Though it may sound like an unnatural scenario, it may be a genuine one and sounds like an interesting one to me. Plz do give us more details about your actual scenario and why you want this.

Regards.

Venkat.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you've done GR why to set SAP to create PO automatically? Without PO they could book the invoice as well.

If something is not possible in SAP is one thing in my opinion.

Even though the Delivery would be created first based on well-maintained master data the SO would created well I think.

I have no insight into these things...maybe a better controlled document flow is the reason, or reporting...I don't know...

The reason why I started to find such kind of solution was that the client wanted to simplify its sales process concerning sudden sales (rush sales? when customer comes > cash & carry).

In the meanwhile it turned out that they want to simplify cross-company sales process and SAP has standard solution for this (cross-company stock transfer via shipping).

Best wishes,

Csaba

former_member396676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material Management(Procure to Pay) and Sales and distribution(Order to Cash) are different Business processes.

As far as SAP System is concerned it is not possible to superimpose one business process onto other and find a solution.

We can create Sales order with reference to Inquiry,Quotation,Order,S.agreement and Billing document.

Thanks,

Vrajesh

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vrajesh,

Thanks for your answer.

I suspect you're right and there's no solution for this in SAP (sorrowfully). But as for what you said is that we can create Sales Order via copy from other sales document.

My requirement is different from this: to create SO from the already created Delivery (in this case connection would exist between Delivery and SO!).

Considering the process (GR > auto PO) in MM my requirement would be very similar and maybe I could say 'natural' as well. Though we are speaking about two different processes the parallel between them is considerable I think.

Thanks,

Csaba