cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro for KM Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am following the Web Dynpro for KM API tutorial to develop a web dynpro application using KM APIs. I created the variables WEBAS_HOME, PORTAL_HOME variables with the Web AS system path details. I am successfully connected to the server using VPN.

However, when I click on extend to add the libraries, I dont see anything. Developer Studio is not able to show me the given server diectory path to add the libraries.

So, to develop KM APIs in Web Dynpro, Does the NWDS should be on the server?.

How do I resolve this?.

Appreciate if somebody can help on this issue.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To work with KM API, you just need km jar files at design time only. in runtime km sharing reference provide it.

Km API jars avail in NWDS instaaltion folder:

for EX:C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.km.rfwizard_7.1.5\lib

to avail in design time:

right click on your project>properties>java build path>libraries>add external jars>select all jars from above location>click ok.

to avail in runtime:

right click on your project>properties>webdynpro references>sharing references->add>PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application-->click ok.

Regards,

Naga

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sunita,

if you use "I created the variables WEBAS_HOME, PORTAL_HOME variables " NWDS needs to access it according to the reference type you set.

I think, copy all the .jar files needed, to the lib folder of your project and add build path with respect to lib. (simple add .jar) option.

This blog contains [.jar files and location|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1750] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; you need to access KM Content

if you are using DCs, you can create an external component to issue those .jars

refer blog: [Building External .jars|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9517] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil & Frank. But I still cannot extend WEBAS_HOME and PORTAL_HOME .

Anyways thanks-a-lot. Appreciate your response.

/Sunita

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you place those .jar files in local \lib folder of your project, you don't need WEB AS HOME & PORTAL_HOME variables.

steps:

1. paste .jar files in the lib folder ( Go to Navigation view in WebDynpro perspective)

2. Right click on project, choose properties->Java Build Path, Click on Add JARs

3. .jars in the \lib folder are listed there, just add it.

you are done.

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

I will try to help you...

I think you are using the tutorial "Navigate through KM repositories and folder from a Web Dynpro Application using KM API" (if you are using another tutorial, take a look at this one it is very good for the first time to understand the whole thing).

If you are in this step for adding some libraries you can choose one option "Add Libriary" like you have done. But for running your application you should use the function "Add external jars", then you chosse these files from your client like decribed in the tutorial in order to bind it to your development project, you have created in NWDS. Later, if you deploy the application, only this application has the depended files to get success with your application. There is no need to upload files directly to the portal server or somewhere else.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

as far as i know NWDS is installed only on the client side and not on the developer side.

u need to configure ur nwds correctly in order to get access to the server

regards,

vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What do u mean by settings in the nwds?. I already did them, and I can see the J2EE Engine nodes in Green Color.

Let experts answer, do not post vague answers if you do not know.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

i had replied u earlier in the midst of my tensed situation.

i am facing with error which i posted in the same forum.

so its my typing mistake.

i am sorry for the vague reply as u said , but still find bit offensive.

sunita wrote :
So, to develop KM APIs in Web Dynpro, Does the NWDS should be on the server?. 

NWDS is not installed on the server its only installed on the client side

if u could not able to access the libraries it is beacuse u r using VPN which inturn connecting to your server. so u need to contact ur administrator who can help in this regard.

This above said answer is what i know and i am not expert , so if u find this info irrelevant just ignore the message but dont offend it doesnot look good and hurts me

i suspect that u marked my last reply as Abuse as i couldnot able to modify my typing error

Regards,

Vijay.

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunita,

Please dont do post such a discouraging replies. Do remember one thing that all the experts(What ever you mean by EPERTS) are learners at one stage. If you are not expexting such answers either stop posting to SDN or convey it in a polite manner stating that "thanks for your reply but sill my question is not answered". It is nowhere encouraging. Here we are posting replies just to help otthers and keep it in mind. No one will give you answers if your replies are like that.... I am really very sorry for this reply.... Be patient and polite to others....

and its really..... to ask like NWDS sholud be on server side.. do you mean by Development server or Test server or Production server????? How could you expect any organisation with 100s of developpers working all together working on a single server????

They will be working on their own PCs and will be deploying their applications on the server, and If you are seeing your J2EE engine running in green color it menas you are connected and

You have to click on Add External JARs to add JARs that support you working with KM and dont forget to Add a sharing reference of KM......

Please do search in SDN before posing/get help from your seniors, incase you are posting such a replies stating "Let Experts Help....."..... Really I am ones very sorry for your reply............ Please fogive me if my reply is in wrong manner, but still I am not able to convence with your reply.....

Please stop posting such discouraging replies.... coz this is the first reply I have ever seen in such a manner......

Regards,

Srinivas.

Edited by: srinivas sistu on Jun 10, 2008 12:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Vijayakumar and Mr.Srinivas.....nice replies...worth appreciating ur patience and manners ..others please try to atleast pretend as professionals...nice try...

- Alf