cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert Web Service into a DC (Web Service type DC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a Web Service in the following way:

1) Create a Java Class with the functionality to be exposed.

2) In the Web Service perspective created VI, WSD & WDSL.

3) Deployed WS

The WS is working fine. Only important thing is that my WS is made out of a normal Java class and not EJB.

Now I need to understand how do I convert my Web Service into a Web Service of type DC.

Thanks

Vijendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijendra,

you can start a new EJB Module Project within the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. When the bean is created, you can add the code from your WS Java class to the bean class, derive/define the home and remote interfaces and add the VI, WSD and WSDL.

(Also, be sure the Web Service builder is enabled on your project. You can do this manually by editing the .project file and add there :

<buildCommand>
			<name>com.sap.ide.ws.wsbuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>

You should notice that also the SAP EJB nature for the project is enabled, which is also checked in the .project file :

<nature>com.tssap.j2ee.core.ejb.ejbNature</nature>
		<nature>com.tssap.j2ee.core.ejbjar.ejbJarNature</nature>

Next, create a second project. This will contain the .ear file that can be deployed. Create a Enterprise Application Project in NWDS and add the WS project to this project's referenced projects (Properties &gt; Project References). Then open the J2EE Explorer view. Here you can right click on the EAR project and add the other project as a module. Then the .jar from your WS project should be packed automatically into the .ear file, which can then be deployed on your server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vijendra,

you create Diployable or standalone proxy webservice DC project. can use the existing webservice and create above mentioned proxies.

Venkat