cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM via Netweaver Portal - Javascript error with applet EPCF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN

We are running on SRM 5.0, with server at 5.5 and we have just implemented SP 11 on Netweaver Portal 7.0. Since then, our users running IE with the Sun JVM 1.4.2_10 are getting a JavaScript error everytime an applet loads (EPCF) on their Create Shopping Cart page. Moreover, our portal is being hosted on an SSL secured server within our DMZ, in conjunction with a Provencia IDS System, Blue Coat hardarware, RadWare, ...etc. Moreover, our Portal and SRM are not under the same URL, ie our portal is eportal.pwc.ca and srm is on srm.pwc.ca.

The only way we can make that page work, is by disabling the Sun JVM (1.4.2.10) and use the MS Version of the Java Virtual Machine within IE. At that point, no issue with the applet on our SSL Secured Portal. Even funnier, is that when I'm calling directly the Portal Server (without the SSL proxy URL), even if i run the Sun JVM, I'm not getting the error. Since we have over 1000 users, it would be impossible to have all of them making that change... We need to make that work, especially that the IE JVM is not supported anymore.

Have you ever experienced something like that? If yes, what have you done to fix it? Any suggestion, OSS notes

Thanks in advance

Eric L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

which JS error do you receive?

Since you have several issues going on, I'll just point you into a direction with the following notes: 1034072 (Java Applet - what about updating JVM?) and 750292, 1145306 (Reverse Proxy, ITS). If hope this helps as a starter...

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Sorry for the delay, it has been a crazy week. Thanks a lot for the information, i'm actually starting to go through the OSS notes before transferring this to my Portal/SRM Team. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

PS. I've assigned you some points, since it is helpful. As I'm progressing, I'll give more points if it turns out to be the solution.

Thanks again!

Eric L.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea

This is the Javascript Error I'm receiving (extracted for the JVM Console). I thought I've found an OSS Note (1140460) but it did'nt work.

22/08/08 10:29:30 AM INFO

DataBag #0 getObjectType: urn:com.sapportals.portal.SWF2EPCM:DataBag BBP0002.0001.00000000 class Null

Invoking method: public com.sapportals.portal.epcf.IDataBag com.sapportals.portal.epcf.EPCMfactory.getDataBag()

Invoking method: public java.lang.Object com.sapportals.portal.epcf.DataBag.getObject(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)

Needs conversion: java.lang.String --> java.lang.String

Needs conversion: java.lang.String --> java.lang.String

22/08/08 10:29:30 AM INFO

DataBag #0 getObject: urn:com.sapportals.portal.SWF2EPCM:DataBag BBP0002.0001.00000000 null

Invoking method: public com.sapportals.portal.epcf.IDataBag com.sapportals.portal.epcf.EPCMfactory.getDataBag()

java.lang.ClassCastException

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.convertParams(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

java.lang.Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.plugin.com.DispatchImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)