cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Comm Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a unique problem. My file sender communication channel picks and process files only when the filename extension ends in .txt.

I had checked the configuration directory and made sure it is not *.txt type and had given star.star.

Still am not sure why this is happening.

When i dump a normal file without any .txt extension, it is not been picked up and the file remains in the same place, morever no errors are also coming.

Please share any light on this.

Regards,

Anandh

Edited by: Anandha Krishnan on Jun 9, 2008 6:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of star dot star place only star (* instead of .)

Regards,

Sreedhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other way to check if your changes are being correctly in the RWB, please deactivate the comm channel and then lookup RWB communication channel monitoring. check if the correct version is showing up out there. It could be the RWB is not getting the correct upated version. Activate the comm channel again and re-start the comm channel and then check.

You can also follow the path of using * in the filename instead of . as suggested by others.

Regards,

Indranil

Award points if appropriate

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the given source file location path and source file name is same as what is specified in sender communication channel. Then check if the Adapter status is Active in the sender file communication channel.

Using the below URL we can monitor the sender file communication channel status (File Adapter) in Adapter Monitoring.

http://<hostname>:<J2EE Stack Portnumber>/mdt/amtServlet

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

What happens after the files get picked up?

Do you have a mapping?

Are you sure the communication channel is active and no other communication channel is polling into the same directory?

Regards,

Ravi