cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell in 2 currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are selling our products in USD. Now we have got some customers in Canada as well and we would like to sell them to Canadian Dollar as well. Our Company code currency is USD. It will be very helpful if you can let me know what needs to be done in the system in order to sell in USd and canadian dollar. We are on 4.6B.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want to sell materials in USD & CAD.

When you are selling materials in CAD, are you just converting USD to CAD or Is there a complete different price for Canadian customer?

for example

material price is $100 USD

Is your price to Canadian customer $100 * exchange rate or

Is it completely new price say $125 CAD

Please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

We have to just convert the price into CAD from USD. There is no special price list for Canadian Customers.

for example

material price is $100 USD

Our price to Canadian customer will be $100 * exchange rate.

This is the current scenario, i'm not sure if in future company comes up with a new price list for the Canadian Customers.

Thanks,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following in IMG

PR02 access sequence is assigned to PR00 condition type.

PR02 access sequence checks for a pricing condition record with price list category / currency / material.

This access further differentiates between document currency and local currency.

Document currency is currency that applies to the document for example a sales order. The system proposes the document currency from the customer master record of the sold-to party.

As a first step, assign a price list category to your Canadian customer.

Since customer belongs to US based sales organization, I presume his currency is USD in customer master record.

In VK11, create a PR00 condition record with key combination price list category / currency / material.

Enter price list type, document currency as USD, material, item price and save condition record.

Create a sales order.

Go to item condition, you would see price is calculated in USD as per your pricing condition record.

In case you want to determine price in CAD, you have to do the following manually in sales order.

In sales order, from menu bar select Goto -> Header -> Sales and in sales tab, change doc currency field to CAD. System would indicate message price is being redetermined. Go back to Item condition and you would see prices are now calculated in CAD. System converts currency USD to CAD as per exchange rate stored in system.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NK

The simplest process in selling in 2 currencies is to create a seperate Bill to party in VA01 with the currency to be billed for and add it up to your Sold to Party. U can do many combinations. It all depends on your senarios.

All that I have seen is that we are billing in USD, AUD, Euro to one single sold to party with different bill to or Ship to parties.

So it all depends on how you configure your system.

Kiran

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear NK

In customer master sales area data, under Sales tab, maintain the foreign currency in which you want to bill. Go to VK11, input PR00 and maintain in the same currency as in customer master.

Now raise sale order for that customer and go to condition tab where you can see the currency in which you want to bill.

For information, currency you maintained in Company Code is to account all incoming payments in that currency. So in your case, the company code currency is USD and if you have customers and bills them in EURO, GBP etc., it will be accounted in the respective currency itself, but in FBL5N, you can see those values in USD only.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NK

First of all Maintain currency conversions ,

Secondly maintain condition records for those customers with different currency as USD and in sales order system will determine the as USD . Now in sales order if you want to change the currency of those customers then manually you can change it to INR

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your suggestions. I'll really appreciate if you can let me know process by process ( Step By Step ) instructions on how to sell a material in 2 currencies.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

NK

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NK

Maintain currency conversions 1usd = 45inr

Maintain currency inr in customer master record

maintain condition record VK11 for PR00 with currency USD

Now in sales order you will get value in USD , if you want to change it to INR , manually you can change it INR , system will automatically change the prices also as per the currency conversions values

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Kindly let me know how to maintain the currecny conversion as i'm confused. Please let me know the transactions that i have to use. I'm new to SD and require your help in this.

Thanks,

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How do I look up the exchange rate?

Menu Path: Accounting >> Financial accounting >> Accounts payable >> Environment >> Current Settings >> Enter Exchange Rates