cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the advantage to generate XML via XI than from ERP using XSLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My requirement is to generate XML file from ERP when the production order is closed. I can do 2 things:

1. batch job in ERP to read all data and call XSLT to generate XML

2. batch job to generate LOIPRO01 IDOC, which will be taken by XI and XI makes XML

Which solution is better and why?

Please support me.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Danijela Zivanovic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to point out that XI is a middleware, and it is used to integrate different systems.

So if your goal is just to trasform some data in XML file, use XSLT.

If you need to make two systems communicate one each other, so use XI.

XI offers monitoring, mapping and much other features...

Regards

Emiliano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emiliano,

Do you want to say if I have to connect ERP with another system in one direction, than to use XSLT? And if the communication is in both directions than XI?

Regards,

Danijela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danijela,

I mean if you have to convert some data ,that are stored in a system A(R/3),into XML format ,

and the data will be "used" in the same system, I think you don't need to involve XI.

If you have another scenario: some data that has to transmitted from a sys to another one,

and the latter needs XML format, so XI can play a role in that scenario.

SYS A (R/3 generates IDocs) --> XI (convert in XML, mapping, monitoring) --> Sys B (XML format)

In the future you can change Sys B without to reinvent the flow, but just change the adapter to the receiving side.

Dunno if I was clear.....

Regards,

Emiliano

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to go for option 2 in view of the extendability of the 2nd option.

Now, you just want to post the XML form of the IDOC in a file system.

Tomorrow, you may want to send those IDOCs to some other system also.

If you go by option 1, you may have to write another ABAP program to do so.

If you use option 2, you can simply configure another receiver system and create a scenario in XI Configuration.

Moreover, there is absolutely no CODING needed in option 2.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Prefer the second option...In this case use the XML port we21 transaction in R/3 side to convert the IDOC to XML ...There is no need to use XI for the conversion....

**************Reward points,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel and BVS,

thanks for the answers.

What are you prefer? Not to use XI and to generate XML using XSLT program in ERP?

Bvs,

If I generate IDOC, I think that I still have to use XI, because the names of tags are not as customer wish.

Regards,

Danijela

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use XSLT mapping.

Advantages of using XSLT mapping

XSLT program itself defines its own target structure.

XSLT programs can be imported into SAP XI. Message mapping step can be avoided. One can directly go for interface mapping once message interfaces are created and mapping is imported.

XSLT provides use of number of standard XPath functions that can replaces graphical mapping involving user defined java functions easily.

File content conversion at receiver side can be avoided in case of text or html output.

Multiple occurrences of node within tree (source XML) can be handled easily.

XSLT can be used in combination with graphical mapping.

Multi-mapping is also possible using xslt.

XSLT can be used with ABAP and JAVA Extensions