cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Classic PO Output Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some of my vendor i want to send from PO the copy created from SRM using R/3 Output Messaged, for some i will have them send from SRM itself.

Is it possible to have in Extended Classic PO Output Message triggered from R/3 like Classic.

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can choose to have no PO output in SRM, and only work with the R/3 PO Output.

The PO output in R/3 can be managed the same way as in the classic mode.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I was going thru Driver Code B46B_DPO_TRANSFER.

Is it that i will switch the flag no_messaging = c_on to Space when makes call to "CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PO_INBOUND' DESTINATION lv_destination". Once i do this it will pick the config from R/3 for Output or does it require more config explicitly in R/3 and SRM.

If yes, Is there any negative effect downside.

Because, i read OSS Note that says to prevent Output from R/3, OSS Solution is to "no_messaging = c_on". It means SAP does not allow Output from R/3 for ECS POs. If we change this, SAP will not support I assume for any side effects.

Would appreciate if you have any doc that outlines in brief how you did. My email ID is rjayasankar@yahoo.com.

I am in design stage on a proposal. I certainly reward points when close this thread.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasankar,

Sorry, but now I don't understand your need.

For many clients implementing SRM in extended classic scenario, the point is that they'll keep some PO created directly in R/3, so the question is: How and where to manage the PO outputs ?

For this point my advice is to manage the PO output in R/3, with no local output in SRM. This way all POs will be outputed in R/3 with the same form.

Now, if your need is to have your SRM POs edited only in SRM, and not in R/3, you then just have to customize your R/3 output, not to output the POs coming from SRM (based on the document type).

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

I am repeating my understanding based on your reply.

1. Some PO created directly in R/3. Using ECS BADI, You mean there is no leading PO. This works like Classic. I will manage the output from R/3. I am ok here.

2. My Questions is on the other case.

My leading PO is in SRM typical ECS scenario. But, still i want the output from R/3, this is my requirement.

Is it supported out of the box.

If it not, is it possible by Custom.

If it is custom, is that the place i identified in my earlier reply or any more developments/configs required both in SRM and R/3.

I read a OSS Note 793786 solution to prevent the Output from R/3 for ECS PO. This means SAP is not allowing. Even after, i try to do by custom, want to foresee what other i will have.

I appreciate your help so far.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I was talking of POs not created from SRM, but in other processes directly on R/3

<u>2.1. You want your PO not to be output from SRM</u>

So desactivate the standard output in SRM customizing

<u>2.2 You want your PO to be output from R/3</u>

Check the PO output customizing made in R/3, but your PO should normally be output in R/3 by default ("out of the box").

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Based on your replies 2, 2.1 and 2.2, I should not be having any problem to output from R/3 for ECS PO. I had understood as This is out of the box function with bit of configurations both SRM and R/3, does not require any developments.

Thanks,

Jay

former_member666750
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I have created a consulting note 883693 on this issue. And released it as a Pilot Release for one customer for his specific requirement. This note gives you clear information about the output determination in R/3 in case of extended classic scenario.

Best Regards,

Megha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Tried to find the consulting note you described but i found nothing. Could you be off help here (or anyone else)?

Kind regards,

Marco Nijland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Megha,

Not sure if you're still around but I'll give it a try anyway.

OSS note 883693 describes how to activate the printing from ECC in a way how we have also implemented it. However, the PO in ECC is obviously still closed for changes which makes it impossible to manually create output messages for the copy PO.

Is there a way to activate that posibility without having the whole PO open for change in ECC?

Kind regards,

Bastiaan