cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc control record DIRECT field mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a file to idoc scenario where the receiver system is an external one.

I have the necessity to set in the outbound idoc control record DIRECT = 1.

The XI system is XI 3.0 SP 19 and I've set up the mapping of the idoc control record in the message mapping and selected Apply Control Record Values from Payload and Take receiver from Payload in the Receiver Communication Channel but the idoc is still generated with DIRECT = 2.

In the documentation the field DIRECT is listed as one that will be filled using the message mapping if Apply Control Record Values from Payload is selected.

How can I generate an idoc with DIRECT = 1?

Regards,

Elisa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm checking the value of the value of the control record in:

- under IDocOutbound in the Response of the XI monitor

- using transaction sm58 (I created a RFC destination that will fail in order to check the real value of the control record and don't send wrong idoc)

Regards,

Elisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

I know that the requirement is quite illogical but SAP documentation list the field DIRECT under the ones that can be tampered using the mapping.

Besides I've successfully modified DATE and TIME (filed CREDAT and CRETIM in the idoc control record).

Regards,

Elisa

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elisa,

Where are you checking the idoc's control record's values?

In teh SXMB_MONI of XI System or the backend system?

Thanks,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Punit,

"Take Sender from Payload" and "Take Receiver from Payload" are in the communication channel and not in the receiver determination.

As I wrote I use "Take Receiver from Payload" and I've also tried the "Take Sender from Payload".

But from the documentation and my test these selection control the fileds SNDPRN, RCVPRN, SNDPRT, RCVPRT in the control record and not the filed DIRECT.

Regards,

Elisa

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elisa,

I think it is not possible due to the fact that the requirement is quite illogical. YOu cannot force the direction, as it would create integrity issues with the backend R/3 system.

AFAIK, you cannot tamper some of the control record fields like DIRECT , DATE and TIME etc.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Punit,

I know that logically the right value should be 2 but the request of the receiver system is to have it as 1.

They only elaborate the idoc they receive with DIRECT = 1 (outbound).

In SAP documentation the field is listed as one that can be mapping with the message mapping but the idoc adapter is ignoring the mapping even when the Apply Control Record Values from Payload is selected.

Regards,

Elisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elisa,

Also check the fields "Take Sender from Payload" and "Take Receiver from Payload" in the Receiver Agreement. It worked for me.

Thanks,

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elisa,

Your scenario is File to IDoc? So IDoc is Inbound to the receiving system. Field DIRECT signifies the direction for the IDoc. If DIRECT = 1 means Outbound IDoc and 2 means Inbound IDoc. So the value should be 2.

Can you tell me why you want to set the field DIRECT to 1.

Thanks,

Punit

Edited by: punit jhawar on Jun 9, 2008 2:42 PM