cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which .Net Connector version i need to use?

former_member192283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have two versions of SAP .Net Connectors available in service market place.

1) SAP connector for Microsoft .NET Version 2.0.1

2) SAP connector for Microsoft .NET Version 1.0.x

Which connector to be use in the above avilable connecor.

My SAP R/3 version is ECC6.0 or CRM 2005 or CRM 2007 and Share Point Server 2007

I have seen one article like if u have VS 2003 . You need to build the client proxy claess using VS 2003 by installing the .Net connector 2.0 . Then i need to port it into using VS 2005?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92333e6b-0b01-0010-9cbf-fecd62d6...

Why do we do the above process?

Is VS 2005 supports .Net Frame work 2.0 or 1.1?

s VS 2003 supports .Net Frame work 2.0 or 1.1?

I have VS 2003 version . Usually this version supports the .Net Frame work 1.1 so ,

Can i install the SAP .Net connector 1.1? then i can use porting also in VS 2003?

Is there any advantage of using 2.0 than 1.0 of .Net connector.

Please give the information clearly.

When to use the 1.1 and 2.0 Connector?

Why to use VS 2005 and VS 2003 for 2.0 connector?

Why can't we use 1.1?

It is urgent

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I wouldn't use any connector at all.

You are using up to date versions of SAP ERP and SAP CRM that are based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

It is thus possible to publish any remote enabled function module that can be called using the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET using Web Services.

These Web Services can easily be called using Visual Studio as described in the following whitepaper:

Utilizing State Oriented Communication for Web Services Based on Business APIs (BAPI) with Microsoft...

If there are already SAP Enterprise Services available you will be able to leverage the SAP Enterprise Services Explorer tool for Microsoft .NET (SAP ES Explorer) that enables you to browse the enterprise services that are available from SAP. SAP ES Explorer is currently available as a Sneak Preview in SDN.

You can download it from https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/dotnet?rid=/library/uuid/10cacdca-b0bb-2a10-77be-d600de4658b7 .

Using Web Services has the advantage that you do not need to install any additional software components on the client side.

As described in SAP Note 856863 SAP NCO Release and Support Strategy the SAP connector for Microsoft .NET is maintenance mode and there are no plans to ship a version for VS 2005 nor VS 2008.

Best regards,

André

Please provide points if the answer was helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the NCo v2.0. The runtime works with .NET Framework 2.0, the problem is the design component of the NCo, this design time component is only supported in VS 2003 and not in VS 2005 and SAP will not ship support for newer version of Visual Studio. You have to build th proxies in VS 2003 and then you can use them (the dlls) in VS 2005 or VS 2008. In case you want to avoid this you can connect to ECC (based on Web AS 6.40) via Web Services or use the new Microsoft WCF LOB Adapter. More information and an evaluation version can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f3ea0659-b0ed-4d5a-891e-53268128a5f0&Displa....

- Juergen

Please provide points if the answer was helpful!