cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow loading of Flex iviews

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been using NW04 for running imported models (par-files) created in a separate NW04s development system (set up just for developing VC-apps.). These have loaded nicely and at an acceptable speed. Now we are upgrading our complete portal environment and thereby running the models from their deployed PCD-locations (actually new iviews with delta links to deployed iviews).

Now the new environment are loading all VC-generated iview MUCH slower than the old environment. Other portal components seem to load about the same, but they too are slowed down by the flex iviews while they are downloading, initializing and querying their data. Pages without VC generated content are not affected.

All content on the pages showing the iviews are identical from old to upgraded portal and all iviews have been deployed as Flex1.

Any ideas??

Henning Strand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for why the initializing phase of the vc-iview is sooooooooo slow. 3-5 sec until SPS13 and up to 20-25 sec. now in SPS 16. Is there a trick to get the initializing phase faster?

Best Regards,

Murat Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murat

Actually I ended up deselecting the "Enable styling of Flex controls in portal themes" under Options->Compiler. I remember that this helped quite a bit. Now that we have upgraded to sps 18 I am trying to apply this again as it's a useful feature. In my development system it seems load nicely also with this option selected.

Henning