SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax code does not exist for jurisdiction code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After bill simulation, an error message is being encountered:

" Tax code A0 does not exist for jurisdiction code in00". This happens evn when i have maintained the input tax and output tax and evn assigned them respective G/L accounts and also allocated them to the company codes.

Please tell me if somebody can try resolving this issue.

Regards,

Arpan Saini

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Guess you have missed config @Change the tax jurisdictions you specified in Customizing under Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global settings -> Tax on Sales/Purchases -> Basic Settings -> Define Tax Jurisdictions.

Maintain the config

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

points!!

0 Kudos

Hi rajendra,

I have defined the jurisdiction code and the tax coides and also maintained them in postings and documents..They have also been assigned their G/L accounts Still i am getting the same error for input tax A0 and output tax V0.

Error:" Tax code A0 does not exist for jurisdiction code IN00".

Regards,

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

Check whether any tax codes A0 & V0 exist in OBCL for your cocd. If yes, delete and try. If not, mention and try

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

pnts!

0 Kudos

to add,

in that T-Code 'OBCL' plz try with/with out mentioning your jurisdication code. Guess u r error is being thrown from here

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

Pnts!

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

I have already allocated the co. code to non-taxable transactions i.e in OBCL.

Tried with and without jurisdiction code but still not working..

thnx n regards,

Arpan Saini

0 Kudos

Can u pls let me knwo what is the error message number Richa?

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

I have the same error while trying to configure tax code & jurisdiction, here's the error code & what it says:

Tax code VN does not exist for jurisdiction code 1000000000

Message no. FF718

Diagnosis

You have entered tax codes and jurisdiction codes in the G/L account items. The amounts of these items are used as the tax base to check the tax amounts you have entered or to determine the taxes. The system has now determined that one or more of the "tax code / jurisdiction code" combinations do not exist in Customizing.

System Response

Calculation of the taxes or checking of the taxes entered had to be terminated.

Procedure

Check the tax codes and the jurisdiction codes in the G/L account items or asset items. If these are correct, inform your system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

Change the tax jurisdictions you specified in Customizing under Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global settings -> Tax on Sales/Purchases -> Basic Settings -> Define Tax Jurisdictions.

To do this, choose Maintain entries (F5).

Please help!

0 Kudos

Dear Expects

I too getting the same error, if i am clicking on that error same description. I checked in FTXP and i am maintaining TAX Jurdiciary and OBCL everthing. One month before user posted in xx tax code but now its showing this error. I consult with my client manager they telling because of New GL Implementation, so that the error occur.

Please give Right solution for this

Thanks & Regards

Mani.S

0 Kudos

Hello,

in which transaction do you receive this error?

Please check the settings in table TE305.

For Billing:

The billing process takes the whole billing period into account and checks for the whole period for any

changes in the tax customizing.

Please check, that for the whole period the customizing in FTXP is valid.

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi ,

for Instance if you face error while exempted tax codes (i.e. 0 rate)

Maintain Tax Code in FTXP with A/P Sales Tax 1 Inv. - NVV with Rate '0' . 

Regards

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am also getting the error because of new taxation in US.

How to assign tax code 00 to TAXUSJ Standard Jurisdiction Code in spro or any tr.code

Customizing under Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global
settings -> Tax on Sales/Purchases -> Basic Settings -> Define Tax
Jurisdictions

jurisdiction code CA0012000 is already there for city for  San Francisco for costing sheet TAXUSJ.

0 Kudos

Hi

Go to FTXP and enter the tax code and press enter the button.

Cick on properties tab on above screen and assign country name in reporting country.

Do the same as mentioned above and confirm once its resolved

0 Kudos

where is the reporting country?? I did not find it

only these fields for us :

Tax code             C0

Tax type             V

CheckID

EU code

Target tax code

Tgt Tax Code: Output

Tgt Tax Code: Input

Tol.per.rate

Relevant to tax

Tax category

Product code

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have to check in tcode XK11 where tax code with condition type and applicable rate needs to be maintained.

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have found the solution for the above error.

we need to change the validity date of Tax code.

SAP will not allow us to change the validity date once the Tax Code has been created.

so, first we have to delete the existing tax Code in FTXP. then again create the same Tax Code A0 with required validity period. your problem will be solved

Regards

Md. Rehan

0 Kudos

Dear consultants:

We have  the same problem,but we can not resove it by trying all means above,anyone can help? Is it the same with Brizal Tax? any special need to cofig in Brizal ?please help !!!

Hi,

For Brazil, besides what was told in the posts you need to go through SE16, table T007A , for tax procedure TAXBRA modify field TXREL for MWSKZ ‘SE’ and ‘IE’. Set TXREL = ‘2’.

This requires SAP* profile

Did you performed this also?

Rgds,

Vicky