cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx web query execution problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While running a BI query through BEx Query Designer, it is generating portal URL as:

http:///irj/portal/ .....

instead of standard format

http://<hostname>:<port number>/...

For our project, EP is out of scope. So, how can I make this work. (as far I know, /irj/portal points to a enterprise portal link)

Please correct me where I'm wrong.

regards, Sean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that you have taken all the options while installing the NW product. Thats why you would be able to perform both of the activities for BW and EP.

Please check that are you able to login perfectly in other clients then 001. If no then please follow this note

Also please check this document

http://help.sap.com/bp_biv270/documentation/HowToConfigWeb35.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your response.

I had not selected BI Java component. However I have both AS ABAP and AS Java. BI Java is required for BEx as on Netweaver 2004s, which I learnt just a few minutes back as per Note 917950

Any ideas if I can install this now. Or any workaround?? Kind of urgent guys.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may try this option.

Remove the Java instance using installation guide.

Then start the Java as Add-in installation. This will get you the BI-Java option.

Else donot waste time and start the installation from the scratch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

BI-JAVA is an Usage type.

So , Please check whether you can install ( Deploy) BI-JAVA components now.

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you again for your answers.

Uninstallation/reinstall is the last option. I'll check that.

I checked, http://<host>:<http_port>/utl/UsageTypesInfo but it's not working. There are no services in sicf by "utl" either.

Is there anything else I can do??

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Also, fyi...for a BI-Java usage type: AS-Java and Enterprise portal would be the prerequisites.

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks, I am aware of that now. Actually, EP was out of scope for our client. After some consulting, I just went with AS ABAP/AS Java (also due to HDD capacity limitation). Just wanted to know, if there was any procedure as pointed above like deploying BI Java without uninstalling.

Also, please suggest if uninstalling AS Java (as pointed above) is feasible and recommended.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

As EP usage type would be the prerequisite for BI Java usage type, you might need to deploy the portal components first and then the BI Java components.

But the above procedure is not recommended and would possibly render the system unstable. We had a asimilar situation wherein the system had to be scrapped ultimately.

I would recommend a fresh installation with ABAP+Java with EP and BI Java usage types selected to avoid any issues later on..

Regards

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your answers.

I have finally installed DEV server for BI and based on previous experience, selected BI Java, EP and EP Core too. Still BEx query designer does not generates URL for output properly.

Same output as before:

http:///irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom sap ip bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY=ZSS_ACCOUNT_QUERY&VARIABLE_SCREEN=X&DUMMY=1

I have created source system and all RFCs required as running properly.

Any ideas further please ??

The Note 917950 targets BI WAD according to my BI consultants. We tried that too but to no avail.

regards, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

From the whole post, i think you are unable to get the default host.

What is your value for Profile parameter:

icm/host_name_full

?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you SIddhesh.

Our customer's network topology is not stable and they do not posses a domain name yet. I have used hostname abc com on my Solman for icm/host_name_full to resolve an issue.

I tried same for BI DEV server which is on Solaris zone. But oracle listener failed to start after a restart of zone.

Could you suggest any alternate means or solution to the problem.

thanks, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any alternative.

you have to get that parameter in place.

If you don't have a domain name, you simply include the hostname.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did include the hostname, which in my case is the solaris zone name. It doesn't work.

Moreover I am using template installer for BIPost Inst steps. Out of 17, I face error in step 12:

-

Import ABAP Certificate to Engine

Import not successful

Element 'SAPConfigLib.BID.Unclassified.uploadAbapCertificate':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.BID.Unclassified.uploadAbapCertificate':Error during executing Java Reflection:Remote call errored.

-

All other steps completed successfully. After all this work, when we execute query, it simply hangs in contrast to previous URL being generated.

I guess we are leading somewhere. Could you help me with above error please.

regards, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which certificate is the system speaking about ?

What was the hostname you specified when you started the install ?

specify the same name.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all your answers. My issue is resolved.

regards, Sean.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Can you pls explain how you did resolve this problem ?

I 'm facing the same issue at a client and I 'm out of suggestions ...

TIA !

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this topic:

/thread/732350 [original link is broken]