cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Center

former_member226856
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to create work center. What are the necessary entries those I have to enter for master data in it. We are not using work center capacities. We are creating contractors also as work centers. Main thing is internal cost of maintenace order. Which entries are related to other modules.

Regards,

VM

Edited by: V M on Jun 9, 2008 12:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI VM,

Please create a customized work center category for your contractor.

The in the customization change the screen sequence and modify the fields as per your requirement. (display,hidden,required etc). For customizing the work center field selection use Tcode OPFA or Path IMG>Production>Basic Data>Work Center>General Data-->Define Field Selection.

Create a new Standard value key and selec the values as per the requirement( must be entered or no checking etc)

Thanks and regards

Murugesan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

for creating the work center for PM you have to maintain the Scheduling formula for scheduling and in the costing TAB you have to maintain the activity type and cost center.

for this activity type and cost center you have to plan the price in KP26 .

regards

thyagarajan

former_member226856
Participant
0 Kudos

There are number of fields which are mandatory while creating work center how can I make them non-mandatory.

Regards,

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opionion if some fields on workcenter are mandetory, use generic values so you are not changing any standard settings and can use same workcenter category in future for creating workcenter where you will need those fields.

Hope this helps-

former_member226856
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply. I have one more question. We have assigned all the man power to the work center. They are coming in General Shift. Planner is planning in IW32 (PM Order). Then planner assigns work center to the operation and number of persons with duration and start date and start time. Now if man power is not available to that work center then system should give a message that man power is not available, same as happens when we assign material and check its availability. Is the scheduling tab in work center going to help me ?

Regards,

VM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

yes you have to specify the scheduling tab details and has to activate the capacity availability check for your order type in IMG,also ensure while defining the capacity you have marked for Relevant for finite scheduling

regards

thyagarajan