cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Audit Log Profile Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello People,

I have been trying to find some information about the System Profile Parameters that are required for Security Audit Logs.

Can someone please explain what the parameter rsau/max_diskspace/per_day means? All that the SAP documentation says is that it is the Maximum size of all security audit files per day

My understanding was that the audit files are stored on the application server itself and only 1 file is generated everyday. How then, is this parameter used?

Regards

Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

I do not think this parameter should have any adverse effect. Depends on your server's hard disk space availability.

rsau/max_diskspace/local gives space for a single security audit file. When we say that rsau/max_diskspace/per_day

gives space for all, by my understanding we are limiting the total space that these files can take up.

The max size of single audit file is 2GB and total space for all i.e. rsau/max_diskspace/per_day is 1024 GB

When maximum space limit is reached, logging terminated. Next day new file is created.

Couldn't find more explanation.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

I am still a little confused in understanding the difference between the three components.

1. What is the difference between rsau/max_diskspace/local (max Space per file) and rsau/max_diskspace/per_file (max size per file)?

2. By rsau/max_diskspace/per_day, do you mean that it is the total space that all the files that will be generated over a period of time (as opposed to being generated in a single day) will take? If that is the case then why will they call it per_day?

Thanks

- Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

- rsau/max_diskspace/local would be the maximum space allocated for all security audit files combined. (there could be more than 1 audit file generated per day)

- rsau/max_diskspace/per_file would be the maximum size of one single security audit file.

- rsau/max_diskspace/per_day would be maximum size of all security audit files in a day.

More at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/d9d83746c0002fe10000009b38f842/content.htm

Regards

Srikishan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

rsau/max_diskspace/per_day - Total size (Max) of all audit logs

rsau/max_diskspace/per_file - Size per log file

Parameter rsau/enable should have value 1 or audit is active via SM19 and check file names of the audit files FN_AUDIT.