cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.0 vs ERP6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont understand the difference between ERP6.0 and Netweaver 7.0. As I understand ERP6.0 also has the Netweaver AS as it engine. Then what it mean by Netweaver 7.0. When I check the components versions in ERP6.0 system (From the menu system->status->component versions) I always find SAP_BASIS as 700. If my engine is still SAP_BASIS 700 how come ERP6.0 has Netweaver AS.

If I check the Unicode conversion guides we have guides for 6.20, 6.40, Netweaver 7.0. What it mean?

Is SAP_BASIS 700 and Netweaver 7.0 are same..?

Please throw some light.

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

As pointed above, Netweaver is more of a concept. I found a good explanation on Netweaver. Check it out:

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/33/07645688/0764568833.pdf

ECC6 or ERP 2005 are products based on Netweaver.

regards, Sean.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You can actually install a Netweaver 7.0 system without installing a ERP system so be careful.

NetWeaver is the Technology stack, whilst the ERP system is an ERP system built on a certain NetWeaver stack

Lets take SRM for example. SRM 7.01 is a standalone installation, but still runs on the NW7.0 Technology stack.

The same principal applies to any Business Suite Applications.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dublanc,

I agree, all the names can be confusing at times

Netweaver is the technology platform which all SAP Solutions are based on(except maybe Business One).

ERP 6.0 is a product which is part of the mySAP Business Suite. Others which are part of this "suite" include mySAP CRM/SCM/PLM/SRM.

ECC 6.0 is the Central Component for ERP 6.0, formerly SAP R/3.

SAP_BASIS 700 is a component which is part of the SAP Web AS ABAP.

SAP Web AS which consists of Web AS ABAP and Web AS Java are built on the Netweaver 7.0 platform.

So Unicode guide on Netweaver 7.0 would include all the above. Hope that clears things up ?

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

, Now iam trying to install sap Erp Eph5 As abap, Before The Instalation , i was doing ProQuest check , When i select the option Developer workplace i got an java error"it is not recommended to use jdk version 1.4.2_10 current version JAVA_HOME NOT AVILABLE See aldo sap note 867110". i down load the sap note , in that note is not mentioned any correct info . so  i have dout on what is developer work place?, is it nessicity for the installation?