cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check in SD Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anyone advise how i can test out availability check when creating DO? I am not sure how to validate if availability check is in place for delivery when using VL01N transactions.

Understand the standard setting uses checking B which consider PO and other DOs.

I created and confirmed a SO with qty 20 previously and subsequently reduces the stock by 20 (simulating that there's a deficit w/o doing an availability check in SO again). The demand/supply situation before reducing the stock is an exact match. However, am still able to create DO with qty 20. Is this correct behaviour?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anyone help me, about this issue . What i need to do to procedure to check availability for material and customers ?

I have a problem , all material have a expired date ( i work in a drink company) , and for this all products have a date limit for delivery (period of useful product life) , but this date it can be changed for each customer.

We have customer with one moth and another customer with differents (period of useful product life), and a priority for each customer.

Well when i check availability of material i need to have a control of this period of useful product life, in order to assign confirmed quantity for each customer.

Thanks

Sebas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thnx for ur response. According to SAP online help, there was no mention on the PGI for ATP check in delivery.

This is the process flow extracted from SAP library regarding this.

Process Flow

The system determines the date on which the availability check should be carried out on the basis of the earliest material availability date of all the schedule lines in the delivery. If the system determines that insufficient stock will be available on that date, it responds as follows:

- If a material is not available for delivery by the material availability date, the system enters a delivery quantity of zero in the delivery. The item is only included in the delivery if the quantity zero is permitted for the item category.

- If the quantity available of a material is lower than the order quantity, the system enters the available quantity as the delivery quantity. If a partial delivery is not allowed for the sales order, the fact that the delivery quantity is smaller than the order quantity is noted in the log for the delivery.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter

As I said earlier, if stock is confirmed in a particular sale order but that stock has been utilised (pgid) for some other order, still you can create delivery but only when you do goods issue, system will check for stock and at that time, if stock is not available, you cannot post goods issue. This is the standard SAP feature.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Is there any way i can simulate those behaviours mentioned by SAP with respect to delivery qty during the point of DO creation? Would like to know under what circumstances will they be responding in that manner.

Btw, the schedule line categoery used in CP in SO.

Thanks

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW....when you have already got a confirmed schedule line, the stocks get reserved for that sales order item and you cannot allocate that material to any other order or delivery or neither can you do a manual transfer posting to any other location. the only way of taking out the stocks from the sales order is by a manual back order processing or thru rescheduling.

have you done any of these to take away the stocks??

This is what i know....but if you were able to take away stocks even after you had a confirmed sch. line, do let me know how you did that.

If you are using standard checking rule, then it is already configured to take into account any reservations and any order and delivery requirements..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed the stock qty by stock adjustment, not via backorder processing. By doing this, am trying to see what happens when i create a DO referencing a SO previously confirmed as there was sufficient stocks. Was hoping this will help to understand how ATP in delivery works. Any advise?

Thanks

Peter

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter

Availability check will happen in sale order based on the schedule line category control (TCode VOV6). You can create delivery for 20 nos. despite the fact that the stock has been reduced to that extent but you cannot post goods issue. Nevertheless, can you please let me know what schedule line category is determined in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi