cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource not found in the database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue with resource saying that "Resource not found in the database" while CIF'ing Process orders from R/3.

When I tried CIF'ing resource independently I am not getting any errors and says model is successfull, but the resource is not available in APO. PPM is available and active but without the last operation which is using the resource which is not available in APO.

I cannot delete the Process order in R/3 because it is partially confirmed and I am also unable to CIF other process orders because of this resource not found issue.

Did any of you faced similar issue? If so request you to please share the same with me.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you walk through help document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/dc/85ef3735450b33e10000009b38f842/content.htm

After going through this, make sure the Resource in APO Live Cache is indeed visible in version 000 by going to /SAPAPO/RES01 transaction. Make sure it is also visible in /n/sapapo/om16 transaction. Finally do a consistency check with /n/sapapo/om17 using resource option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas for the suggestions. Indeed I checked all the ones which are suggested before. This resource is not available in APO after CIF'ing individually and my log doesn't have any errors associated. Also there is a resource (name is same) available for another plant with capacity category 002 in APO.

What I am thinking is to delete the resource, recreate again and CIF to APO. But I have a process order in R/3 which is partially confirmed and also there are so many process orders blocked in the queue which is using this resource. (PPM is available without the last operation which is using this resource)

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks and regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The resource is not tranferred to APO in the following cases

1) If Factory calendar is not maintained in the capacity view of work center

2) If scheduling is not maintained

Pls cross check whether the above two has not been maintained

If it is maintained, then Pls look at the routing in R3,whether the standard timing is maintained for the operation which is using the resource. If the Std. time is not maintained then it will get transferred to APO to PPM w/o this operation.

You can do the consisency check while generating the IM for PPM,you will come to know the inconsistencies if any.

Hope this helps

regards

Vijay