cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to include the cost center field in account assignment tab when you enter or create a sales order?

Can this screen variant be edited to include the cost center?

Thanks,

Rod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rod

Can you please explain as to why you want to include Cost Center. As you would be aware, we can see Profit Center in sale order and Cost Centers are assigned to these Profit Center

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for taking time responding to my question.

I'm handling logistic company and one of their requirement is to bill customer in details. Shipment will be initially cash advance by the agent and eventually billed to customer through debit memo. A debit memo will be issued instead of invoice since they are not going to issue any revenue from this transaction.

Transaction in details:

Cash Advance:

(DR) Advances to Employee xxx

(CR) Petty Cash Fund xxx

Liquidation:

(DR) A/R Clearing Account xxx

(CR) Advances to Employee xxx

Billing to Customer:

(DR) A/R- Customer Trade xxx

(CR) Expenses 1 xxx

(CR) Expenses 2 xxx

Clearing:

(DR) Expenses 1 xxx

(DR) Expenses 2 xxx

(CR) A/R Clearing Account xxx

The billing will be done in SD and those expenses will be considered as condition type but will be eventually cleared against the Clearing account. This is done for the purpose of billing the customer in details of expenses incurred (standard in Logistics company)

When we use the GL account expense on this transaction, an error appears as " GL account xxxx requires an assignment to a CO object". Even if I assigned a default cost center on the particular GL account (KA02) still this error appears.

Thanks,

Rod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

May i know why is such requirment in SO in details? Also explain ur process for which this is reqd.

Regards,

Laxmikant