cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Document Types-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

My Client is Electricity board, we r implementing SAP to this.

Please guide me how many sales documents i need to define based on the following Business Scenario.

Business Scenario:

The Customes( House Holders) come and request for power connection. Based on the request E.Board give the connection by taking 500rs Deposite( Not refundable). for one connection they will charge for metre, cable, transformer, and connection service. So for this i need to create any sales document type?

and every month E.Board has to send billing to the customer based on power consumption units. So how can i map it into SAP.

Cheers,

Sumith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

The following may give u some idia

U can make all ur scenarios in regural sales document type. U can configure Deposite as one line item, as well other items like metre,cable Etc can be created .

For monthly billing u can use periodic billing and create electricity unit as line item, u can charge monthly the units consumed by the user, where u cam maintain pricing for

E. unit.

U discuss this with ur colleagues and decide, let me know if this helps u.

Ravi Duggirala

Edited by: ravi duggirala on Jun 9, 2008 12:36 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The deposit can be a direct FI entry since you are not going to do anything with that amount from the sales side.

The charges for meter. cable etc. can be created as a sales BOM which would have all controls at Item level (LUMF). Hence you dont need to enter all the materials everytime you create a SO for Initial connection.

Monthly Billing can happen as explainied earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Rental contract and billing Plan type periodic billing .

Thanks,

Pramod.