cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post installation Doubts_SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

As i am going through the implementation phase i have got couple of queries which i am little confused about.

1. As a post installation activity we perform SGEN in client 000, the doubt here is with which user we execute this wether its sap* or our own super user that we create.

2. We have a Sandbox that has been put in place for functional consultants, Do i have to upload the latest support Patches through SPAM in this,

Why i am asking this becasue the Sandbox would not be a part of landscape(DEV-QAC-PRD), and once functional consultants would get over with there configration desgin n testing the sandbox would not be used further.

Still do we need to upload it with support packages, cant we keep the default support packages that came during the time of installation.

3. Another ppost installation activity is to increase the ABAP Buffer Size, so to have an improved performance later.

What is the paramater for that and where can i find it and what would be the preferrd Size in terms of Kb that i can use.

I would appreciate if you can kindly put across your views and help me get over with the douts as i am stuck...

Regards

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As a post installation activity we perform SGEN in client 000, the doubt here is with which user we execute this wether its sap* or our own super user that we create.

-> use user other then SAP* with sap_all authorization i.e create BASIS user with SAP_ALL

2. We have a Sandbox that has been put in place for functional consultants, Do i have to upload the latest support Patches through SPAM in this,

Why i am asking this becasue the Sandbox would not be a part of landscape(DEV-QAC-PRD), and once functional consultants would get over with there configration desgin n testing the sandbox would not be used further.

Still do we need to upload it with support packages, cant we keep the default support packages that came during the time of installation.

-> yes you should apply support package in this server also to avoid errors. or if your functional consultant getting error then you can find the relevant SAP note and apply it using SNOTE

3. Another ppost installation activity is to increase the ABAP Buffer Size, so to have an improved performance later. What is the paramater for that and where can i find it and what would be the preferrd Size in terms of Kb that i can use.

-> if you are using 64 bit kernel then check following sap notes

Note 146289 - Parameter Recommendations for 64-Bit SAP Kernel

if you are using windows as OD then check SAP Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management as of 4.0A/ Windows

also check

103747 - Performance: Parameter recommendations as of Release 4.0

you can search sap note for performance related to your OS/DB

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kaushal,

Thanks for all your suggestions friend, and would defenitely help me...

You suggested ABAP Buffer mechanism for 64bit OS, but i am using SAP ECC6.0 with Oracle on Windows 32 bit OS...

For that if you can suggest any specific note would be highly appreciate. and if there doesnt seem to have any note than what size would you suggest me from your prior experience as i hve just got 2GB RAM in whic i have already allocated 1GM RAM to shared_pool_size for SGA as i was getting some issues during my installation

Regards

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i have just got 2GB RAM in whic i have already allocated 1GM RAM to shared_pool_size for SGA as i was getting some issues during my installation

-> your installation is finished now you can revert back to old value of shared_pool_size for SGA.

if you are using SAP on 32 bit windows then check following notes.

following notes i already suggested.

88416 - Zero administration memory management as of 4.0A/ Windows

103747 - Performance: Parameter recommendations as of Release 4.0

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

I can defenitely revert to the default shared_pool_size settings which were there in the init<SID>.ora file, but dont you think it would start giving some memory related issues as and when functional consultants would start working, as a best practice we always need to allocate sufficient memory to SGA...

So what you think should i change it back to default which was there earlier.

Regards

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can assign min 400 MB to shared_pool_size

or calculate according to following sap note

690241 - The Shared SQL Area in the Shared Pool and large SQL Stmnts

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos