cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate on allowed character set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to validate the Character set. Means, Now my User Interface taking all characters which are possible through key board like Japanese or Chinese characters. But I want to validate the character set.

As per my knowledge , we need to check the characters manually by writing the logic to compare the each and every characters but it is laborious job and creates performance problems also. Is there any alternative way?

Is it possible to do it with WebDynpro inbuilt functionality?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What kind of validation did you having in mind. Web Dynpro ABAP will automatically convert all characters to the character set of the ABAP Logon Language. I probably don't need to tell you, but the ultimate answer to any character set problems is to run a Unicode System and then all characters are supported.

Although this weblog is BSP specific, you might find some of the discussion useful:

[/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/07/13/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-vii--dealing-with-multiple-languages-english-german-spanish-thai-and-polish|/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/07/13/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-vii--dealing-with-multiple-languages-english-german-spanish-thai-and-polish]

You might be able to use SCP_TRANSLATE_CHARS or one of the other SCP function modules to do some sort of mass validation.

Answers (0)