cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with the Oracle Pre-Load actions in an homogeneous system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to do a NW04 homogeneous system copy, and I am having troubles with the ABAP copy. (Oracle Pre-Load Actions step)

I am with the database specific procedure, so I am creating the new system until the sapinst asks me to bring an online-offline backup and the control file, then the sapinst tries to recover the database by himself, but he finds trouble:

Error: CJS-00084 SQL statement or script failed.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent Ora-01110: data file 1: 'oracle/XIE...'

If I try to do the recover manually I have to make the usual:

RECOVER DATABASE UNTIL CANCEL USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE;

CANCEL

ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS;

If I follow the sapinst.log I find that the sapinst tries to recover the database but fails with the above message and:

ORA-01589: must use RESETLOGS or NORESETLOGS option for database open

Yes, that's true, if I make it manually I have to open the database with the 'alter database open resetlogs';

the problem could be fixed modifying the run_control.sql statement that the SAPINST creates at the working directory, but no modification to that statement is possible because the SAPINST deletes and creates the statement IMMEDIATELY before executing it, so what can I do?

Many thanks

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED

for your info, the run_control.sql is UNMODIFIABLE, but I could modify the CONTROL.SQL that he calls, so I recovered manually the Database, and the CONTROL.SQL was a simply CONNECT and then OPEN DATABASE, just like that, so I could continue with my installation, another point for us against the damned SAPINST !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue.

Can u please tell us what entry u had added in control file?