cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VENDOR GROUP in SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A) Can anyone tell me what this vendor group is? What is it used for?

B) A have a case (SRM SUS) where in a vendor X supply it to Y by procuring from number of sub-vendors (A, B, C) which are on SRM. Now is it possible for vendor X to check vendor A, B, C `s account and process their documents.

Can you through some more light on this kind of scenarios and probable solution to it.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

a) When we replicate vendors from R/3 backend system to SRM system using transaction BBPGETVD", we are these vendors canbe seen in transaction PPOMV_BBP. We see vendors assigned to vendor root node and grouped under vendor groups. System will automatically group vendors based on different attributes. e.g. If you have multiple backend systems scenario, system will create two vendor groups. Or you can also use grouping functions to differentiate vendors based on attributes.

b) For this specific requirement I would suggest you to develop your own custom report to update entries in tables BUT000 and VENMAP. You can replicate a vendor, get new Business Partner and assign additional vendor codes to the existing BP.

I hope this answers to your doubts.

Regards,

Prashant

Do reward full points for useful answers.