cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on SAP's mobility platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day, everyone!

I'm just new to SAP and I'm hoping someone can help clarify. I'm struggling how best to position SAP (Web) Console against ITS / ITSMobile.

I understand that until SAP Gui 6.4, SAP Console is shipped with SAP Gui. And after that the installation can be done separately. Now, what I can't figure out is that after 6.4 is SAP Console still part of SAP Gui or does it now packaged with SAP Mobile infrastructure.

Also, I have a notion that SAP Console may be used along side ITS (either standalone or integrated). Is this correct? Or does ITS/ ITSMobile offers an alternative to SAP Console.

Also if you can point me where I can get architecture diagrams for SAP (Web) Console, I believe that will help further clarify. I was able to view a lot of information for ITS so I'm somewhat familiar with the architecture for it.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to everyone's inputs!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

SAP NetWeaver Mobile comprises three mobile client technologies to enable standardized mobile business solutions as well as customer-specific developments. These clients are optimized for specific user roles and target devices.

1. Mobile Java client, requires Mobile Infrastructure as a middlware system u2013 Optimized for personal digital assisted (PDA) or handheld devices that display offline (or so called occasionally connected) applications, such as mobile asset management

2. Mobile .NET client, utilises its own CRM middlware system u2013 Designed for Microsoft Windows-based devices that display occasionally connected CRM field applications with a rich function set targeting laptops

3. Mobile browser client,also known as SAP webConsole u2013 Designed for mobile devices that are always connected to a Web server using a technology such as WAP, wireless LAN, Bluetooth, and GPRS. Commonly used for warehouse applications

They are not alternative but rather complimentary to each as they target different areas. Architecturally they are very different.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova