cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel the process

former_member231409
Participant
0 Kudos

hi this is santosh, i have a doubt --order is saved. delivery, pgi, invoice is created. customer has also paid the money, at this particular situation can we cancel the invoice please reply me

thank u & regards

santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

In the above situation you cannot cancel the Invoice made,but I am unable to understand why you want to do so,because if you have over billed the customer you can raise a Credit Memo and under billed you can raise a debit Memo.

Please explain the exact business scenario if you are unable to use the both.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot camcel the document as its already cleared by a customer.. why do you need to cancel the billing document... you can give the credit memo request to the customer....

Muthu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear santosh

If status of the Accounting Document changed to "Cleared", you cannot cancel the invoice, PGI and delivery.

As you would know the status "Cleared" means, for the said accounting document, payment has been received and your FI people has updated via F-28, in which case, you cannot cancel the preceding documents.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the customer has paid the money the A/R (account receivables) also updated. As the sales is considered as fully closed, please let us know why there is a need to reverse all the documents again ?

The best option would be to raise a Credit memo request against the invoice and create a credit memo agianst the credit memo request. So the customer will get credited.

Prase