cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC<--> XI <---> SOAP synch scenaio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My current scenario is RFC<> XI <-> SOAP. Rfc sending request and getting responce back from WebService, current scenario is working fine. Now i want to modify existing scenario, I want to send WebService response to RFC and Receiver Mail adapter also, please advice me what should i modify in my scenario. i do not want to change my existing RFC.

Thanks

Dhanush.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First setp will be Recive open Sync/Async Bridge and then you send your request to third party using soap through send synchronous step, and then use another send Asyncronous for sending mail and then the final step will be closing the sync Async bridge. that will do it will work.

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

Thanks for your information, i got from ur reply for sending soap response to recever mail adapter.

1) i want to send soap response to RFC response and

2) i want to send soap response to recever mail adapter also.

can you please tell me how to implement for first option.

Thanks

Dhanush

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

in BPM

sync Receive->Sync Send>Synch Receive-->Send Response

1. RFC sends request to XI.

2. XIu2019s RFC adapter converts it into XI Message.

3. BPM receives the request through synchronous interface.(Opens S/A Bridge)

4. BPM sends request to Webservice through Synchronous interface and gets the response.

5. SOAP Response is sent back to RFC.(Closes S/A Bridge)

6. This response is also routed to a Mail Server.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i already told you that

the final step will be closing the sync Async bridge. that will do it will work.

that means you are opening sync async for sending your RFC to SOAP now when you close sync async that means your sending back SOAP to RFC.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this blog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Just check 5th and 6th steps you will understand.

This response is also routed to a Legacy system means to your R/3 (RFC) system.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May i know why do we use BPM at the beggining for receiving request from R3 to XI,

is it possible to do the same like below steps.

1) RFC sends the request to XI ,

2) XI sends the request to Webservice

3) webservice gives the response back to XI

after receiving the response to XI from webservice, is it possible to use BPM in this step to send the response to RFC and Receiver Mail adapter. instead of using BPM at the beginning.

can any one help me how to do useing this approach.

other than this approach: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Dhanush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to make your scenario very complex. BPM doesn't require for your scenario. You can do it in this way . Once you get your response back to R/3 you can send mail from R/3 it self right by using this FM "SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_ATT_SEND_API1". When you use BPM it will be a performance issue for you. Try to avoid BPM.

Thanks

Vikranth

Edited by: Khimavath Vikranth on Jun 12, 2008 9:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikranth,

Thanks for your information, but client wants to send from XI , not from R3.

Thanks

Dhanush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Receive (Sync/Async Bridge)

Sync/Async Bridge should work for you... Do you face problem to implement it?

Gaurav Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sync Receive->Sync Send>Synch Receive-->Send Response

All you need to do is to refer the interface (the one that will be used in you receiver agreement along with your configuration channel for mail) in your BPM.

Eg.

sync Receive->Sync Send>Synch Receive->transfornamtion -> send mail -> send response

I the transformation do the mapping to fill your mail parameters (subject, to, body etc of mail) and in the send step the corresponding interface will eb used.

Thanks

Vikeranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

May i know why do we use BPM at the beggining for receiving request from R3 to XI,

is it possible to do the same like below steps.

1) RFC sends the request to XI ,

2) XI sends the request to Webservice

3) webservice gives the response back to XI

after receiving the response to XI from webservice, is it possible to use BPM in this step to send the response to RFC and Receiver Mail adapter. instead of using BPM at the beginning.

can any one help me how to do useing this approach.

other than this approach: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Dhanush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible since its syncronous call it will not give u option to call BPM after response.

other option is You can write one more RFC which sends another request to XI for storing it to File.

means

1. RFC <--> SOAP syncronous interface

2. RFC --> File Asyncronous interface

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush,

Please have look at the similar scenario

Thanks,

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can implement this using BPM.

In BPM you have to use Receive step as Sync/Async Bridge.

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gavura,

Thanks for your information, can you tell in detail how to implement BPM for this scenario if possible.

Thanks

Dhanush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Integration process steps are as below.

1. Receive (Sync/Async Bridge)

2. Send Syncronous

3. Send Asyncronous (For sending the mail)

4. Send Asyncronous (Close Sync/Async Bridge)

Gaurav Jain

Points if answer is useful