Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rush order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Rush order and saved it.

System indicated order created but in brackets indicated delivery not created.

What could be the problem?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be two reasons for delivery not being created

1. Today is Sunday and check whether your shipping point calendar allows deliveries on Sunday's.

2. Check scheduled lines and see date on which material was confirmed for delivery.

When you create a rush order, the system always uses the current date to create the delivery. If no confirmed schedule lines exist for this date, the system does not create a delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does it mean that deliveries are created for today only in rush orders?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, deliveries are created for today in rush orders.

Deliveries for a date in the future cannot be generated automatically for a rush order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What if i want to create rush order today and deliveries tomorrow?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remember simple criteria for rush order: material should be available for delivery and shipping point is open for delivery.

If you want to create delivery for tomorrow, then create a normal order and make delivery date from tomorrow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not answer my question. I want to create rush order today.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is not based on real business scenario.

If someone is there in business to create rush order, it means company is running and most probably shipping point is also open for deliveries.

my replies above give complete details for rush order.

please go through them and let's close the topic here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, if my questions irritated you. Those were the questions i had in my mind for rush orders and you explained all clearing doubts.

thanks for your patience.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a rush order transaction, the customer picks up the goods or you deliver the goods on the same day as the order is placed.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

For all your questions above the answer would be that you CANNOT use a rush order in this bussiness scenario.

In a rush order transaction, either the customer picks up the goods at your stores or you deliver the goods to the customer address on the same day as the order is placed. However, the invoice is created and sent to the customer later.

The rush order performs the same sales order tasks as described for the standard order but on saving the sales order the outbound delivery in stores is immediately created.

Settings:

Generally for the Rush order doc type the immediate delivery will be switched on X , shipping conditions will be 10 (immediate) , and lead time in days will be nil .

Whenever you create any rush order , the system gives the delivery date as the current date, check the schedule lines.if it is not there , no delivery no will be generated.

check the schedule line data, if the date is current date then check the copy controls for VTLA

Regards

Answers (0)