cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order by clause in objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Hi,</p><p>I am new user to BO and I am trying to create an object where it returns me a column value ordered by another column value...how can I achieve this? I cant use ordey by clause. Is there any way to sort the data returned by the object?</p><p>Thanks. </p>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ordering data doesn't happen in the Universe Designer. Users set the data order when they design a report using the objects in the universe.

-Dell

- A computer only does what you told it to, not what you thought you told it to!</p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way then to order the data that is prompted in a list to the user. Right now it is prompting the data in the order that it appears in the tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<ul><li>Go to the properties of the dimension that you want to sort the list for by either double-clicking on it or right-clicking.</li><li>Select the Properties tab.</li><li>Click on the Edit button. This will bring up a Query panel</li><li>Click on the SQL button at the top.</li><li>Add an Order By clause to your SQL,</li><li>Check "Do not generate SQL before running".</li><li>Click on "OK".</li><li>Click on "Save and Close".</li><li>You can verify the data order by clicking on the "Display" button and then on the "Refresh" button.</li><li>Click on OK.</li></ul><p>- A computer only does what you told it to, not what you <em>thought</em> you told it to!</p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the first couple of steps in my other instructions to get to the query panel. There is a "Sort" button next to the SQL button. You can use that to define your sort.

- A computer only does what you told it to, not what you thought you told it to!</p>