cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .Net Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've developed an application to connect Excel with SAP. It is working great on my computer (with Visual Studio) but I need to deploy it.

I've copied this files to the target PC's ..\System32 (which has SAP GUI):

- SAP.Connector.dll

- SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll

- librfc32.dll

- SAPPIExcel.tlb

- SAPPIExcel.dll

I registered SAP.Connector.dll SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll and SAPPIExcel.dll with REGASM.EXE.

Librfc32.dll already existed in the PC so I didn't overwrite it.

I'm I missing anything? The PC has a .Net Framework 1.1.

Thanks

EDIT: SAPPIExcel.dll is my development, and the error I get is "SAPPIExcel.dll missing dependencies".

Message was edited by: Joao Sousa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put SAP.Connector.dll and SAP.Connector.Rfc.dll into GAC and <b>don't</b> register them with RegASM.

You private assembly might also go to GAC; if not, you have to use the /codebase optin of RegAsm. Also register your Tlb (there is also an option in Regasm TlbExp that does it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it isn't much trouble, could you tell me how to put them in the GAC without Visual Studio?

I'm currently searching in the web, but i have to get this done today so im under some pressure

EDIT: Is it "gacutil /i SAP.Connector.dll" ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joao:

You only need to add the installation package to your solution; the Installation Wizard is already part of your Visual Studio 2003.

Do the following: from your VB project solution select:

Right Click the project solution name and select: Add --> New Project, the go to "Setup and Development Project" section and select "Setup Wizard"

Enjoy !

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created the installation package, but it doesn't register the dlls with GAC on install.

Is this normal?

EDIT: Worse, the computer doesn't have gacutil.exe, shouldn't it be available with the .Net Framework?

EDIT2: Thanks a lot guys, its working now, although I had to register with the GAC manually. I'm giving Reiner the full points because of the "register in GAC" tip but I really apreciated your help Federico.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the points.

Some remarks from my side:

- Registering to GAC can be done with:

- GACUTIL, which <b>is</b> part of each .NET Framework (e.g. in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322)

- Explorer shell extension (just drag the files to c:\windows\assembly".

- Setup project: It has a special target folder for GAC. The project will create the necessary custom action.

- Don't confuse "Put to GAC" with "Register an assembly to COM" (RegAsm) and register a non-Assemby to COM (Regsrv32).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will suggest creating an installation package from your Visual Studio project; in that way all the dependencies will be automatically included into your installation package without the need to manually copy every file. You can do that only in 5'.

In fact, the installation project will register all activeX controls for you with Regsvr32.exe.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Federico G. Babelis

http://www.gazum.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm kind of .Net noob (im more of an ABAP guy), so ...can I generate an installation package from Visual Studio 2003? I need some kind of add-on right?

EDIT: My project IS the Dll. I don't have a windows application.