Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StackOverflow Error in NWDS 2.0.9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Im getting this error:

" <b>A stack overflow error has occured.

It is recommended to exit the workbench.

Subsequent error may happen and may terminate the workbench without warning.

See error for more details.

Exit workbench?

Yes No </b> <buttons>"

I get this error while im coding in the Developer Studio.

Also, irrespective I click on the above mentioned Yes/No buttons, the workbench closes/shuts.

Facing this problem since 2 days now.

What could be wrong..? Please help.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Message was edited by: Ritu Hunjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It says "See error for more details.". What details do you get in that case? Also check the .log file in your workspace/.metadata folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I cant find the .log file in my workspace->.metadata folder.

Is it related to RAM or Virtual memory?

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess your NWDS gets into some infinite loop because of some recursion going on. This fills up the stack and at a certain point in time you get an overflow. You will not solve it by adding more RAM or virtual memory.

Is it an option for you to upgrade to a newer release of NWDS? Perhaps this issue was fixed in a later release.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

the .log file should be available. Did you look into the correct workspace folder? If you have Eclipse installed beside the NWDS there may be several workspace folders.

You can determine the workspace folder NWDS is using from "Windows --> Preferences --> Workbench --> Workspace".

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut/Pascal,

Thanks for your inputs.

Yes, I found the log file and the error details are like:

"

<b>!STACK 0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.tssap.util.xml.schema.model.GlobalSchemaModel.getNodeByScannedTag(GlobalSchemaModel.java:324)

at com.tssap.util.xml.schema.model.GlobalSchemaModel.getPossibleTagNamesByInputWord(GlobalSchemaModel.java:677)

at com.tssap.util.xml.schema.model.GlobalSchemaModel.getPossibleElements(GlobalSchemaModel.java:649)

at com.tssap.tools.insight.InsightControl.initiateInsight(InsightControl.java:122)

at com.tssap.editors.insight.IsContentAssistant.intiateInsight(IsContentAssistant.java:121)

at com.tssap.editors.insight.IsContentAssistProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(IsContentAssistProcessor.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.ContentAssistant.computeCompletionProposals(ContentAssistant.java:1291)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.computeProposals(CompletionProposalPopup.java:199)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.access$7(CompletionProposalPopup.java:198)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup$3.run(CompletionProposalPopup.java:161)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.CompletionProposalPopup.showProposals(CompletionProposalPopup.java:157)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.ContentAssistant$2.run(ContentAssistant.java:303)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:98)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:1999)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1733)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)

!ENTRY com.tssap.util 4 0 Dec 15, 2005 16:05:30.523

!MESSAGE Dec 15, 2005 4:05:30 PM com.tssap.util.xml.schema.model.GlobalSchemaModel [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: Error while parsing the schema; conversion, mapping, entity resolving failed, Abort!</b>

"

Frankly speaking I did not understand wht this error meant.

Yes, but I did ask many friends of mine who faced this same problem in Eclipse too and the only thing they did was to restart their machines.

Workaround (dont know if this is is a real workaround) ->

Have increased the virtual memory & closed all the unwanted projects in Workbench.

Would really request you to please help me solve this 'coz im expecting to get client's work anyday from today.

Please help.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu R Hunjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please help.

I really would like to know the cause of this problem.

Please help me solve this.

Awaiting Reply.

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu

Former Member
0 Kudos

"!MESSAGE Dec 15, 2005 4:05:30 PM com.tssap.util.xml.schema.model.GlobalSchemaModel [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: Error while parsing the schema; conversion, mapping, entity resolving failed, Abort!

"

It seems the problem is occurring when NWDS is parsing some XML/XSD file. This can either be a configuration file for NWDS or an XML/XSD file coming from one of your projects.

Try to figure out which one of these two options is occurring.