cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux - Oracle - Crystal Report Server XI : Error in File Report1: Failed to load database information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports Server XI on Linux Server with Oracle Server 10g.

I did install Oracle Client on Report Server and config Oracle SID in tnsnames.ora also. It works well with tnsping command. Then, I published a report which was created in Crystal Reports developer on this server.

When I preview the report on Report Server. I got the following error message:

Error in File Report1: Failed to load database information.

Try to fix the problem I ran web Central Management Console -> Objects ->Report1->Process -> Database and set there the following parameters:

Database driver: Oracle

Server: servers_host_name

Database: (tried both ORACLE_SID and tns_name)

User: oracle_user_name

Password: oracle_pw

It still got the same problem.

I will appreciate any help.

Tham.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was having a similar problem in Crystal Reports Server 2008 v1, and had to install the full client to resolve it, which I didn't like. I poked around some, and was able to get the Instant Client working with a few minor changes. Note that I tried it only with the 32-bit Instant Client even though I was on a 64-bit system because that was what SAP recommended when I talked to them.

The changes I had to do was initialize the Oracle environment variables (the instant client doesn't have a script to do this for you) and to create a soft-link which is included in the full client, but not in the instant client.

To setup the environment variables I created a file called env.sh and put it in /opt/crystal/bobje/setup/oracle/, where /opt/crystal was my install path. This ensured that it got called by the /opt/crystal/bobje/setup/env.sh script which runs as part of the System init scripts to initialize the environment. The following is what I put in my file (again for the 32-bit 11g R2 instant client):

export ORACLE_SID=summitdb

export ORACLE_HOME='/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client'

export ORACLE_BASE='/usr/lib/oracle/'

export TNS_ADMIN='/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/network/admin'

export PATH="$:/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/bin"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$$/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib"

After that, I created the missing soft link using this command:

ln -s "$/lib/libclntsh.so.11.1" "$/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1"

Once I had done those two things, and restarted the service using the /etc/init.d script, it worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my post (link below) on similar issue on AIX 5.2 with BOE XI 3.0.

Contacted BusinessObjects/SAP support and got it resolved. Will update that (and this) post when I get a link to the document to resolve this. In the meantime if you want to call in, you can reference case (message) # 709970 and have them look up the case notes and/or ping the Rep who worked on it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having this problem as well and the suggestions prescribed above have not corrected it...

We have Crystal Reports Server 2008 installed and running in a Red Hat Linux Environment. We are attempting to query an Oracle 10g Database using an Oracle client which is installed and configured as described in previous threads. (LD_LIBRARY_PATH / no tnsnames.ora / specify host etc...)

The report runs correctly when initiated from Crystal Reports 2008 installed on my desktop, but when scheduled from the CMC, it fails and renders the error message text: "Error in File ~tmp482255eea38c5be.rpt: Failed to load database information."

Also, I'm confused by the suggestion above that Crystal Reports Server does not use tnsnames.ora when Crystal Reports clearly does. Is this true? Are there any further suggestions for correcting this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue with "Failed to load database information". What all did you do to resolve this issue? My Oracle Client now is working fine and I can do tnsping as well as sqlplus. The rpt was developed by someone else and it contains a Database name it. Did you have to update the rpt file with the new Databasename info?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solved this problem ?

I have the same issue on my system.

Best Regards,

Florin Gheorghe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to solve this issue.

My reports were trying to connect to an Oracle Database (located on another server, different from Crystal Reports Server). And I tried to use the Oracle Instant client, which was a bad ideea, this was the cause of "Failed to load database" error message

After I installed the full Oracle client (and pointed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to its lib directory), my reports were able to connect to the Oracle database.

Also, it seems CrystalReports is not using tnsnames.ora config file to connect to database, it is constructing the connection description based on the server name (hostname) and database name (Oracle SID) specified in the Database logon parameters.

Florin