cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the maximum iviews can I create in Netweaver portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any limitation for creating iviews in netweaver EP. I have created about 100 KM Navigation iviews. Suddenly my system got crashed. whenever I try to restart it ..

J2ee server is dying out. with status -2.

when I checkced I got the error meesage something like this "VM Heap size is insifficient and increase the heap size"

after checking , Limitation is 192MB which is already set there.

THis is the value I have in my j2ee configuration(....\j2e\configtool\ume_config.xml)

Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Djco.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:UseParNewGC -Xms512M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxNewSize=85M -XX:NewSize=85M -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxPermSize=192M -XX:PermSize=192M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90">

I am using EP6 SP9

How to come out of this ?

thanks

pk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

As far as I know, there can be any number of iViews in Portal. But in ur case, u have created 100 iViews which is overload on the server. So, the server would have crashed because the free space in the server was not enough for deploying & running 100 iViews.

Either clean the server to provide the required space or try reducing the number of iViews,if possible).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Subathra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply,

Yes I certainly prefer to reduce the iviews

but in my case I do not know how reduce it

Actually I am using around 200 Iviews( KM navigation iviews ) for the same purpose. only difference with all the iviews is "Path to initial display folder" value. Apart from this , rest of the property remains same except it's Name.

IS there a way to use one iview and display differt item, when the user clicks different link at runtime. IF this is posible , can some one please explain in detail

this certainly helps me a lot in my requirement.

thanks

pk

Former Member

Answers (0)