cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping change ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an odd requirement to change all the data elements from lower case to Upper case. When I do this, this would for sure pull off all the graphical mappings using this data type.

Is there a way to change the case of the data type without affecting the existing maps?? or do I have to redo them all after changing the case of the data type. I am not using content conversion also.

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For my current understanding, doing something like this will definitely lose all your mapping.

Really interesting to know if you can solve the issue.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

I Think ,creating new data type is compulsory in your case.

So the easiest way is to Download the Structure definition file(XSD/DTD) into your local machine .

Open in a Noted pad.Use Find and Replace option for the data elements and upload the new xsd/DTD again as External definition.

Use the new external definition in the new message types ,interfaces and mapping programs.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys ..Even if do an XSD/DTD...Won't it affect the existing mapping for the data elements? I did try the experiment of changing them to lower case and I could it shout at me in the mapping and ultimately disabled it..eg : if original was <NAME> and I changed it to <name> in data type definition the mapping for NAME was taken out and the new element <name> did not have any mapping assigned to it..

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa,

Make your new datatype with all uppercase data elements, make new mappings between lower-case datatype and upper-case datatype (almost one 2 one mapping, so should be easier to create). Sandwich your original mapping between these dummy mappings. You can preserve your old mapping this way. An odd way, but this should do the trick atleast partially.

Unless you are doing some experiments I will not suggest you to do this.

Regards,

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Teresa,

even if u make changes in the data members, it wouldnt affect any of ur mappings.....just do the changes in the data members and activate the datatype and it will automatically be reflected in ur mappings...

note: this is only if u want to convert lower case to upper case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Unfortunately you got to do all the mapping again. its case sensitive

Naveen